Wiper Linkage Repair? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Lake Arrowhead, CA (was), Rocky Top, TN (is)
I busted a few of the little plastic hoo-hickeys off the wiper linkage end where it attaches to the wiper motor.

This linkage:
5497602978_b55ef13aa7_z.jpg

These doo-hickeys:
5497009305_c66d98bc15_z.jpg

5497009159_7d97a3bce4_z.jpg

Has anyone come up with a way to replace the plastic part? Is this piece still available from the dealer or is the only option to find a used replacement part?

I don't know of any replacement parts. This is what I have out of a 79. Shoot me a PM if you don't find replacement parts. I pulled this in 1993, so it has been laying around unused for a few years. It looks OK.. but you never know with used parts. It still has grease on it and articulates good.
Shane
wiper 001.jpg
wiper 002.jpg

Last edited:
Your local auto parts house should have them. Dorman makes them in their "HELP" line as wiper bushings I know my local Oreilly has them but not sure the size.

bump...any luck finding a replacement bushing for the wiper linkage? I have an '81, looking for the exact same thing.

:cheers:

We tried a bunch of different options at my local auto parts store, but nothing was even close. Turns out, I found a spare linkage from a 40 I parted out years ago, so problem solved....for now. It seemed like there were several people who PMed me with linkages they were willing to give/sell me.....might be worth posting up an ad in the "Wanted" section.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom