Winter Landing Between the Lakes (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Sounds like a great trip. All depends on how well my wife's last chemo goes, although I fully expect her to be up and running by that time. Trying to talk Joe Parrot into going, if nothing else riding shotgun in my vehicle. We would probably drive straight up, since we each have done Lynchburg several times over the years. Anybody know if they allow wood campstove fires in the Recreation Area?

Edit: I've been reading a bit, and it appears they do not allow public consumption of alcoholic beverages or possession of firearms. I won't be going if that is the case. Hope I am wrong.

John

Last edited:
Just a few weeks out now.

Lynchburg is about an hours drive from Huntsville. If we leave L’burg and head to the north end of LBL it will take about 3 hrs. If we go in the north end on Friday we can work our way south Saturday and head home from the south end on Sunday...making it a shorter drive home

Read a little more on the camping there, we can do dispered camping if we want...or if we want more of the modern conveniences (like toilets) we could pick one of the “Self Service Campgrounds” Cravens Bay is one that is on the north end and not too busy....

Backcountry Camping in Land Between The Lakes

First look at the weather in Fort Campbell

Screenshot_20190105-191005_Chrome.jpg

Just a few weeks out now.

Lynchburg is about an hours drive from Huntsville. If we leave L’burg and head to the north end of LBL it will take about 3 hrs. If we go in the north end on Friday we can work our way south Saturday and head home from the south end on Sunday...making it a shorter drive home

Read a little more on the camping there, we can do dispered camping if we want...or if we want more of the modern conveniences (like toilets) we could pick one of the “Self Service Campgrounds” Cravens Bay is one that is on the north end and not too busy....

Backcountry Camping in Land Between The Lakes
Let's shoot for the Cravens Bay for Friday night

Any ideas on food? Combine meals or fend for ourselves? Mainly thinking dinner and/or breakfast here...
I am planning to bring the Coleman stove, perc coffee pot and a big propane tank. Happy to be the camp stove.
Also, need to have another roll call here and make sure we have a departure time established out of Huntsville. I'll drive up and meet the group in HSV for caravan.

Any ideas on food? Combine meals or fend for ourselves? Mainly thinking dinner and/or breakfast here...
I am planning to bring the Coleman stove, perc coffee pot and a big propane tank. Happy to be the camp stove.
Also, need to have another roll call here and make sure we have a departure time established out of Huntsville. I'll drive up and meet the group in HSV for caravan.

Let’s establish the plan for Friday and I’ll do role call on FB too. Maybe backward plan to get to camp about 3 or 4 pm?

Sounds good. Time to start prepping the lady for that cold snap.

We definitely need to get this on the other airwaves for the non-Mudders.

So on Friday the 18th. I’m thinking we meet at the Publix on Winchester Rd about 8 am. Depart from there to Lynchburg at 8:30am. Should get us to the Distillery about 9:30. (half hour after they open). Do the tour and have some lunch in Lynchburg. Head out to LBL by 1:00pm-ish so we can get to the Craven’s Bay campground before dark.

Craven’s being on the North end of LBL we can head south on the service roads Saturday and camp on the south end Saturday night..heading home Sunday morning.

What do you all think? Manageable plan? If so we’ll lock it in and I’ll let the FB people know.

:clap:

Let's make it happen cap'n.

Let's combine for breakfast and dinner. I'll bring some eggs and bacon. Will also bring some stuff for dinner in the Dutch oven one night.

Be self sufficient for lunch Saturday

Lock!

We need someone to take a lot of pictures and videos!

I would highly recommend Miss Bobo's but you would need to call and get reservations.

Has anyone been able to find out how LBL is affected by the shutdown? The site has the typical red banner on it. And Google's open/closed indicator isn't always accurate.

Has anyone been able to find out how LBL is affected by the shutdown? The site has the typical red banner on it. And Google's open/closed indicator isn't always accurate.

I’d read that the Turkey Bay OHV area was closed but that the rest was open. But that was unofficial from the West Tennessee Offroad FB group. They were talking about it because there is supposed to be a big Jeep event up there the weekend after we go.

I’ll see if I can find out more

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom