Winter came early this year 2018 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I own a small house in Vermont and I currently have a 12x18 single story garage. I think my 60 will just barely fit inside it but there is other stuff in there now. So I have a heavy duty 12x30 shelter logic half round temp garage I use to house my FJ and kubota in the winter. It was about $3000 delivered but works well until I can build something better.

That said the tent is currently up the hill behind my house in my lower field but within sight. I was building a nice new terrace for said tent and preparingnkt for a nice gravel base with proper drainage etc when we got 6” of snow. It’s hard to work when the tractor is churning snow covered dirt into a mud storm. So that project is on hold. We got another 8” last night.

So I wanted to put the 60 up in the tent and out of the weather etc. did my best to clear a path using the tractor but still a mix of snow and mud. My first attempt to climb the hill in 4lo ended with spinning tires and no chance of forward progression. Backed up. Switched to 4hi and got a small bit of speed up and went right up the hill without issue. Tires are new but nothing aggressive.

Just goes to show how capable these machines are even after 35 years and bone stock.

cKQBPZR.jpg

Tent garage is up behind that pine tree about 150’ up the hill. Snow on top of mud at the moment. And since writing the first post we had another squall that dropped another .5”

Just hike. Take up snowshoes. I wish NH wasn’t a solid 4 hours or I’d do some winter hiking in the whites!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom