Windshield Wiper Control Arm (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Saturday while driving home from work, I attempted to clear the bird crap from my windshield. I activated my washers and was nicely cleaning both the front and back windshield when I switched the front down to fast to finish clearing the crap.

Worked great until I tried to shut them off. The control arm in the column broke....with the wipers on High. :doh: I am close enough to home to not worry and just drive like its pouring rain....I got home and pulled the fuse so I can now at least drive it and not look like a mental patient...as it hasn't rained in weeks.

Soooo...the arm isn't exactly hanging there...I can push it up into the off position but there is resistance. But when I let go it forcibly moves back to the lowest position.

The wiring is all still in tact as I can press the button to spray the washers. It is just the mechanical arm/switch down in the column that has let go.

Has anyone else had this problem? Or anyone else torn into the stearing column? Any advice?

C-Dan...please tell me these parts are individually sourced or is it just one all in one piece combination switch?

Any and all help as always is much appreciated!
:cheers:

So no one has been here eh? Figures...ok I will tear into it and post what I determine! :D

Ok, well now 6 years later....my temporary fix is going to get fixed! Since the wipers were suck in the high position, I ran a toggle switch to the fuse controlling all the windshield wipers. This has worked ok, we don't see a lot of rain in West Texas...

So does anyone know how far in the dash you have to dig to find a plug for these wires? Trying to glue the plastic was my first repair attempt and it didn't last but a month or so. I think replacing is my best option.

Do you have any photos of the damage?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom