Windshield washer problems (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Windshield washer problems - REAL TIME HELP PLEASE!!!

Problem = windshield washer pump is not turning on.

What I have done to figure it out thus far:
1. put power directly to the pump which made it work.
2. Pressed the button to make it spray - nothing happened.
3. Put a test light to the line that powers it and got a light showing that it has power.

So what I am thinking is that it is either the switch or the relay. But I don't know which relay it is and I don't know how to test a relay even if I did know which one it was or where it was located. And there is the fact that every now and again I can hear the relay click when I push the button, which is something that I never heard when it was working... but is has not made any noise today (the day that I am trying to find the little bugger :bang: )

So, any help that you can throw my way would be great! Thanks folks! You guys are the best!

Last edited:
Hey Gunnar,

I has to be the switch as there is NO windshield washer relay. The circuit gets power from the wiper fuse light blue wire with a yellow tracer that runs to the washer motor. Then that same wire (light blue with a yellow tracer) runs to the switch. The switch is a switch to ground (like most Toyota stuff) the white wire with the black tracer goes to ground.

Dynosoar:zilla:

P.S. make sure the ignition is ON and try to squirt the washer with the wipers moving

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom