Windshield Tint (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

What’s everyone’s opinions on Rayno’s S-9 ceramic line?

I couldn't wait.... the sun has been melting my rear and burning my arms- I'm feeling bad I didn't do this years ago. I didn't think anyone did this because of how illegal tints are. I got 45% ceramic for $60 and its pretty good, look wise. It's slightly darker than stock, my major concern is not being pulled over. We were debating whether it will be an issue, we are 50/50 if cops will bother me. Heat wise its super awesome. The sun wasn't able to burn/touch me. I got the car late in the day so I have to see how it does on a long sunny day but its better than the BMW/Benzes I've had. Will report more about night time driving but I have the super LED bulbs that should make it easy to see. I notice my eyes didn't hurt and water as much while driving in the sun. I constantly grab my visor to block the heat/sun on both sides and didn't need to anymore.

The installer removed some weird black box from the windshield. Not sure what it is used for? Also need to reinstall my car wash sticker and ipass.

For future reference, the darkness of the tint is a minor factor in the amount of heat rejection provided. A 45 doesn’t provide significantly greater heat reduction compared to a 70 or 80.

I have Rayno S9 on my LC...couldn’t be happier. See my pics above. My installer does a lot of high end vehicles and he switched to Rayno about 2 years ago. They must be doing something right.

Glad to hear it. Had 20% S-9 put on the fronts and 5% on the rear. I really like the security of blacked out rear windows.

Couldn’t find much about it when searching but like you, went to higher end installer and that’s what they use.

For future reference, the darkness of the tint is a minor factor in the amount of heat rejection provided. A 45 doesn’t provide significantly greater heat reduction compared to a 70 or 80.

Yeah I wish he carried 70 or 80. At $60 I will take whatever I can get. It does bother at night but the windshield was smudged. My high powered LED lights dont look as bright now (I miss that). It felt like my lights illuminated for miles.

Had my side windows done in ceramic Lluminar Formula 1 tint a couple of years ago, and it was worth the expense.

Last week got the windsheild done with a 70% net film (let's through 70% of the light even with factory 5%) . Can't tell it is there from the inside or outside day or night. No distortion even with polarized glasses on.

Holy cow! Immediately noticed a huge difference. The steering wheel and dash are no longer hot after hours in the 90+ degree sun. The interior seems 30+ degrees cooler than without the windsheild tint.

Cost about $150 & took an hour. Worth it.

Last edited:
Yeah, I should have done this a long time ago. I like having the front tint for privacy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom