Windscreen frame repair - what to do?? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Gday all,
Today I decided to begin the job of removing my front windscreen and fix up a couple of small rust spots, re-seal the gutters and get a new windscreen - due to the current one having about a dozen chips in it, and water getting inside the cab - somehow...
Upon removing the windscreen I found the frame to be in perfect condition - except for the 2 lower corners.... of course the rust had to be in the worst possible position to fix...
Anyway, I am after suggestions on how I should go about fixing the rust affected areas? I don't really want to have to remove the front fenders, and would like to weld in new metal, but am concerned about things catching on fire behind the dash....
What would a windscreen replacement company do if they removed a windscreen and the vehicle had this issue??
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!
Thanks!

IMG_3971.JPG

IMG_3973.JPG

IMG_3972.JPG

You're going to have to remove the front fenders to do this correctly.

Cut out the cancer, weld in new metal, coat the inside of the panel as best you can after it's welded. Blend the seams, prime, paint, and then install your new windshield.

That is what I thought, but didn't want to admit.... I was hoping for a magic epoxy cure....

How hard / time consuming is the fender removal??

Thanks mate! That is a better time frame than why I was thinking it was going to take! There is a bit of rust to cut out of the fenders anyway, so my windscreen replacement and gutter re-seal is turning into a full rust-removal exercise....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom