WindRock Dec 17-18 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

TiredIronGRB said:
Anyone be there then?

I was thinking of going sometime between Dec 27 and Jan 2. I have been there around New Years about 2 years ago and you have to pick your trails carefully b/c there is plenty of frozen ground due to the elevation. There are also what seems like thousands of ATV's out there to annoy you to death. I've only been once so I only saw a small portion of the trails. I'd like to get a group up to go and I know someone nearby that should be a good trail leader-that is unless you know it pretty well and want to lead.

Have fun Brett! I wish I could be there to repeat our trip! Have fun!

Chris

TiredIronGRB said:
We have a few guys in our club that know it well, I mostly go to Harlan, Ky and local trails.

Where else is there around Knoxville except for Windrock and Royal Blue? Is there any interest from your group in going between Dec 27 and Jan 2 to Windrock or maybe somewhere else?

dragr1 said:
Where else is there around Knoxville except for Windrock and Royal Blue? Is there any interest from your group in going between Dec 27 and Jan 2 to Windrock or maybe somewhere else?
Those are the two major ones, but Brett you went on that one with us up in Caryville, remember. That's a fun ride! Also, there's some more private land my buddy Paul could get you on in Maryville that's a lot of fun.

There's also Jellico which is a tad more north, and then if you want to go even more north, there's Kentucky too.

Chris

ravencr said:
Those are the two major ones, but Brett you went on that one with us up in Caryville, remember. That's a fun ride! Also, there's some more private land my buddy Paul could get you on in Maryville that's a lot of fun.

There's also Jellico which is a tad more north, and then if you want to go even more north, there's Kentucky too.

Chris

I was thinking that that place in Caryville was Royal Blue? The west side or something?

Jellico is competition only isn't it?

Kentucky-is there riding in the Daniel Boone National Forest?

dragr1 said:
I was thinking that that place in Caryville was Royal Blue? The west side or something?
Sort of! Where we ended was on the Royal Blue exit, but we started off the Caryville exit.
Jellico is competition only isn't it?
No, you can go there any time from what I understand.
Kentucky-is there riding in the Daniel Boone National Forest?
I don't know if it's Daniel Boone National Forest, but we used to call it something else that's totally slipping my mind right now. Paul would know, and he's been to Jellico recently. There's also another private place in North East TN that's supposed to be a lot of fun too.

Chris

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom