WindRock Dec 17-18 (1 Viewer)

Joined
Feb 19, 2005
Messages
1,451
Location
Auburn, AL
 
TiredIronGRB said:
Anyone be there then?

I was thinking of going sometime between Dec 27 and Jan 2. I have been there around New Years about 2 years ago and you have to pick your trails carefully b/c there is plenty of frozen ground due to the elevation. There are also what seems like thousands of ATV's out there to annoy you to death. I've only been once so I only saw a small portion of the trails. I'd like to get a group up to go and I know someone nearby that should be a good trail leader-that is unless you know it pretty well and want to lead.
 
Joined
Feb 19, 2005
Messages
1,451
Location
Auburn, AL
 
TiredIronGRB said:
We have a few guys in our club that know it well, I mostly go to Harlan, Ky and local trails.

Where else is there around Knoxville except for Windrock and Royal Blue? Is there any interest from your group in going between Dec 27 and Jan 2 to Windrock or maybe somewhere else?
 
Joined
Jun 17, 2005
Messages
765
 
dragr1 said:
Where else is there around Knoxville except for Windrock and Royal Blue? Is there any interest from your group in going between Dec 27 and Jan 2 to Windrock or maybe somewhere else?
Those are the two major ones, but Brett you went on that one with us up in Caryville, remember. That's a fun ride! Also, there's some more private land my buddy Paul could get you on in Maryville that's a lot of fun.

There's also Jellico which is a tad more north, and then if you want to go even more north, there's Kentucky too.

Chris
 
Joined
Feb 19, 2005
Messages
1,451
Location
Auburn, AL
 
ravencr said:
Those are the two major ones, but Brett you went on that one with us up in Caryville, remember. That's a fun ride! Also, there's some more private land my buddy Paul could get you on in Maryville that's a lot of fun.

There's also Jellico which is a tad more north, and then if you want to go even more north, there's Kentucky too.

Chris

I was thinking that that place in Caryville was Royal Blue? The west side or something?

Jellico is competition only isn't it?

Kentucky-is there riding in the Daniel Boone National Forest?
 
Joined
Jun 17, 2005
Messages
765
 
dragr1 said:
I was thinking that that place in Caryville was Royal Blue? The west side or something?
Sort of! Where we ended was on the Royal Blue exit, but we started off the Caryville exit.
Jellico is competition only isn't it?
No, you can go there any time from what I understand.
Kentucky-is there riding in the Daniel Boone National Forest?
I don't know if it's Daniel Boone National Forest, but we used to call it something else that's totally slipping my mind right now. Paul would know, and he's been to Jellico recently. There's also another private place in North East TN that's supposed to be a lot of fun too.

Chris
 
Last edited:
Joined
Sep 7, 2005
Messages
1,284
Location
Kingsport, TN
We have a few places around Johnson City/Kingsort but Harlan Ky is only an hour and a half from where I live (outside Kingsport) so I like to go there. Dec27-Jan3 is probably out for me...too much going on.
 

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom