Window Roller (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My passenger window will not stay up and it is starting to really bug me to have to wedge it up. I took the mechanism out and cleaned it and reversed the felts in the window track and that has helped a bit but still it sucks. Is there anything that I can do to fix it without havin to get a new one?Cheap low on cash flow) Is it maybe the spring has lost its' sprung. I can remove the spring by hand. Not sure if that is the way it is supposed to be.

Eternal-forever

No idea what model you have but on one of my BJ-60's the same thing happened on the drivers side and the gear track was totally ratched. It meant a new wrecker operator. I doubt the spring should come out by hand though.

Sorry, it's a 70 fj 40 and the gears look worn but not that bad at all. I checked the drivers side and it looks the same but the spring is somewhat tighter. Is there anyway to retension the spring a bit by heating it or something. Window fell down the other day and cracked it so my agrivation has grown somewhat from my last message.

Eternal-forever

take the spring off and pyt 2 vice grips on it and just Turn the spring to tigten it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom