Wind Fairing for Front Runner Slimline II Rack (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm looking for a way to be able to open the sun roof without having my face blown away from the standard small fairing which comes with the Slimline II rack. Considering getting the large wind fairing sold by Front Runner which technically should come all the way up front and block the wind from diving through the sunroof.
Does anyone have this setup? do you still get wind blown into the car with the bigger fairing?

RRAC143.jpg

If you have any place that sells plastic nearby, you could purchase a piece of 1/8” ABS sheet and trim it to size. A piece large enough for the fairing (~48” x 6”) should cost around $5.

Also, it’s not necessary to have the fairing or trim contacting the roof. That will just wear away your paint. Get the fairing close and it’ll be fine.

5AD65694-47B7-42F9-9F9E-992624B4892B.jpeg

I modified one from iKamper. In reality the amount of noise created by the rack with or without the fairing is too much for me to open the sunroof

I'm looking for a way to be able to open the sun roof without having my face blown away from the standard small fairing which comes with the Slimline II rack. Considering getting the large wind fairing sold by Front Runner which technically should come all the way up front and block the wind from diving through the sunroof.
Does anyone have this setup? do you still get wind blown into the car with the bigger fairing?

View attachment 2176524

I've been wondering the same thing as it's no longer fun driving with the sunroof open because of the wind. I was considering opting for a longer version of the rack and removing a cross bar to provide more of an opening, as well as moving the wind breaker further up past the sunroof.

I'm not sure if this fairing extends past the front of the sunroof or not.

This setup has the bottom of the fairing sitting 3" in front of the trim that surround the sunroof
tempImageAUnmnY.jpg

Hope this helps...

IMG_2791.PNG

Not great. The rack slats still catch plenty of air from above I suppose.

I like mine..

IMG_6613.jpg

IMG_6614.jpg

The ABS plastic works great, I have a home made one for the 6 pelican king cases and it keeps them quiet. We use the rack primarily when we are over-landing and all highway speeds...

8A296D6C-BAD4-4D23-B474-D29B34AD1186.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom