Will 2FE engine Fit? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello everyone!!!

Recently I bought an 1980 FJ40 with blow engine but everytihng else is in good condition, last week I found a 86 FJ in a salvage yard and I wonder if the 2F engine, transmision and transfer case it got could fit in the FJ40.

I'll apreciate any advice.

Tks.

yes, same engine...

It is not a 2FE, Just a 2F

Tranny and tcase will be a tight fit...

Thank you...

Sorry for 2FE..

The guy from the salvage yard wants $600 for the engine and $400 for the trany and transfer case, what you think? is this a good deal?

Regards.

I didn't check the mileage, but the wagon looks in good shape, it was hit in the back side of the driver but everything else looks fine.

I'll try to get down that price, probably $700 for everything.

Tks!!!

Sifegar said:
I didn't check the mileage, but the wagon looks in good shape, it was hit in the back side of the driver but everything else looks fine.

I'll try to get down that price, probably $700 for everything.

Tks!!!

Where are you at, There is a 2f with trans and maybe TC here in NW montana that has been around for a while 60k on the motor (pulled for a SBC) Its been around for a while so they might come down.

Hi All:

Is the 2F from theFJ60 still in the wrecked truck? If so ask the junkyard guy if you can start it up and hear it run! Also ask if you can do a compression test on it.

If the compression numbers on all the cylinders are decent $600 is an O.K. price for the engine. There is no need to take the tranny and t-case; that engine will bolt up to the gearbox already in your '80 FJ40.

Good luck with the engine swap!

Regards,

Alan
Seattle

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom