Why's everybody bitching about cupholders? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just get square drinks like me!
Cupholder.JPG

As the wife, 3 kids in the back shake their head.

If Coors and Orange Fanta came in square cans, I might. No, I wouldn't. It's a pain in the A$$ to try to reach back to that spot :)

L7

Sorry, I thought that was a pic of your urine bottle from the long drive.......

I don't get the deal with the cup holders either. The one I use is the one Diggs posted and my wife uses the center console and they work fine. The kids have cup holders on their car seats. And if we have cans or milk/juice boxes the small one forward of the shifter holds those.

I thought it was all lame, too, until I bought the single cup holder to sit on the center console above the 2nd start and PWR buttons. I don't even drink coffee and I find the new cup holder is awesome. Half the time I have my phone sitting there, accessible and at a good viewing angle for maps. Other times I have a smoothie in there, etc. I was very surprised at how useful I found the additional spot. I don't have a dog in the fight, it's just my opinion.

I have a family of 4, and the kids in the back have no cup holders (15 and 12) and usually when we are traveling, I have two different drinks and the wife has at least one. One kid has a disability, so he cannot hold on to his cup other than to take a drink. We need like 10 cup holders to really be comfortable.

Still, the stock ones are better than the ones in my Studebaker which =0.

I always thought those Nestea bottles were weird until the day I decided to take one into the 80 and saw the forward thinking of Toyota engineers. They knew the future was square. I'm just busting everyone's balls. I bought two cast off double cup holders from @bhicks and they're great.
Cupholder2.JPG

I always thought those Nestea bottles were weird until the day I decided to take one into the 80 and saw the forward thinking of Toyota engineers. They knew the future was square. I'm just busting everyone's balls. I bought two cast off double cup holders from @bhicks and they're great.
View attachment 1137435
Thanks for the compliment. I worked really hard trying to make those as functional as possible without removing any needed/functional real estate in the car.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom