Why FJ60 Springs are so expensive??? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I've read through alot of the suspension threads recently and done a lot of searching on-line regarding a suspension lift for my FJ60 and I am amazed at how much a suspension lift costs for one. This may sound like a silly and maybe even pointless question but can someone explain to me why they are so expensive? I've lifted solid axle Jeeps, K5 Blazers, 4-Runners, ect and done so realatively cheaply. The Blazer I recently did was a 4" kit (spings all around) with shocks and it was less than $500. I recall the 4runner and jeeps being about the same. I was just wondering why the suspension on the FJ60 which almost indentical to that of the old solid axle Chevys, Fords, Dodges, and Toyotas is so costly to buy springs for. (And no, I would not trade my 60 for any of these, but it sure would be nice to lift it for the same price....) Its too bad one of these kits would'nt fit on the 60...

Red

I noticed that as well when I bought my 60 and went searching for lifts. The full OME kit was only a few hundred less than the full Marlin or All-Pro kit for minis and it blew my mind! Those kits include high steer, springs, shocks, dropped spring hanger, spring mounts, shackles, shock mounts, the whole schmoe if my memory serves correct, where as with these expensive 60 lifts you get springs, shocks, and if you're real lucky sway-bar extensions and shackles. I don't understand and I couldn't tell you why, but I do feel your pain. I still don't want to go back to banging my knees on the dashboard of a toyota mini though.

Supply and demand, there are far fewer 60's around than the others you listed. The springs are also wider than a lot of similar sized trucks so using a spring meant for another vehicle is not feasible. Also, are the lifts you are looking at comparable in the number of components to the Blazer you meantioned? Things like bushings, shackles, greasable pins, u-bolts, etc all add up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom