Who wants to look at my bush? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Spook50

Skål
Supporting Vendor
Threads
Okay now that I have your attention, I'm trying to identify these bushes in front of my living room. They're finally making a comeback after almost dying from neglect while my ex wife was living in my house. i had identical bushes in front of my bedroom, but they died completely. I'm going to rip the remains of the dead ones out and if I can figure out what to buy, plant new bushes to replace them. Can anyone tell me what these bushes are?

20190805_154341.jpg

20190805_154348.jpg

Looks like beauty berry.
There are American and japanese varieties. I've not had much luck with American, so I'd steer you towards the Japanese variety,

Okay now that I have your attention, I'm trying to identify these bushes in front of my living room. They're finally making a comeback after almost dying from neglect while my ex wife was living in my house. i had identical bushes in front of my bedroom, but they died completely. I'm going to rip the remains of the dead ones out and if I can figure out what to buy, plant new bushes to replace them. Can anyone tell me what these bushes are?

View attachment 2061800

View attachment 2061801
Not sure if it's a bush or weed I don't know but there's a computer vision AI weed app that you can download and take a picture and it will identify which plant it is. I don't know the link I just read the story once so you might have to do a Google search for the Android application

I actually found out about that earlier this spring and gave it a shot. From what I could find they're female dogwood bushes. Did a little reading and it looks like you can grow them from shoots but it takes a lot of patience and the conditions have to be almost perfect. Sounds like my best option will be to find some at a local nursery once I get the bed in front of my bedroom cleaned out and prepped.

I actually found out about that earlier this spring and gave it a shot. From what I could find they're female dogwood bushes. Did a little reading and it looks like you can grow them from shoots but it takes a lot of patience and the conditions have to be almost perfect. Sounds like my best option will be to find some at a local nursery once I get the bed in front of my bedroom cleaned out and prepped.
interesting never heard of dogwood bushes. In the 1980s we used to own a house in Gig Harbor and we had dogwood trees in the woods behind our house. I was told that if you to replant them in the wrong orientation to magnetic north that it would die and I always had my suspicions that was some kind of false myth!

interesting never heard of dogwood bushes. In the 1980s we used to own a house in Gig Harbor and we had dogwood trees in the woods behind our house. I was told that if you to replant them in the wrong orientation to magnetic north that it would die and I always had my suspicions that was some kind of false myth!
Yeah this is where the app steered me for finding out. Comparing the berries that form it seems like it's gray dogwood (#6). I like how they look in the fall when they've grown out well in the summer, but now the ones in front of my living room are struggling, so I don't know what's going on. I am so not a gardener.

Yeah this is where the app steered me for finding out. Comparing the berries that form it seems like it's gray dogwood (#6). I like how they look in the fall when they've grown out well in the summer, but now the ones in front of my living room are struggling, so I don't know what's going on. I am so not a gardener.
I find gardening to be therapeutic and I wish I could do it more but my body is feeling the h thing if you know what I'm talking about

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom