Who the hell are you? ( intros ) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I remember seeing that 60 in Glenora area one winter. You had lots of time into that rig. Did you ever sort out the rear pinion issue?

We would have been doing a renovation/addition at a house in the area. Sold the issue with the truck, Alberta driveline ruined everything in the diff. First the spider gears they replaced (still not sure why) when they re-geared it fell apart while I was driving, then the second time they didn't put lock tabs on the locker bolts so they backed out and we're chewed in the ring/pinion. Diff wouldn't lock by the third time it went into the shop because so much metal had worn the sealing surface for air. The pattern was so tight on the ring it was cracking teeth, 27 to be exact. It always howled like crazy too. I still can't believe how that shop can stay in business, the work I've seen come out of there blows my mind.

New wheels and tires....
I'm a little easier to spot now around Deadmonton with my new sneakers. 9+ years on the road in Capital City as a lone wolf with my beast....
11127449_10153121995235971_6748140378487170582_o.jpg

Nice ride. You'll have to come out for some beer wings or some wheeling!

Some great mods you've done there, that paint job is strangely familiar...

Two tone bandits. The paint has grown on me after all these years. I'll definitely come out to the next meet up in town and try to get out on a trip. Its been a slow build. Lots of bugs to work out still.

Hey Everybody,

I'm Tom.

I bought this 1996 FZJ80 converted to 1HD-T from Paul.

I can confirm that the cruiser formally known as "The Titanic" does not float.

I will require some tutoring in self-recovery if I ever want to make it out of the bush again.

Seriously though, this is the most amazing vehicle I've owned, and I can't wait to learn some more about this beast.

I'm fairly new to 4-wheeling, but no stranger to the outdoors or 2-wheeling. Past trips have always involved a pickup truck, RTT, and dirtbikes.

Here's a few photos of us enjoying the cruiser over the last few months:

Camping in the Ghost:

XC Skiing near Banff:

I am in the process of moving from Banff to Ft. Saskatchewan and I look forward to meeting you guys in the future!

-Tom

I know you! That's a sexy ride!

New to this whole shabang. I have owned my 40 for two years (my first car). I dailyed it for the better part of year. Now I'm in the middle of frame off resto that seems to be taking its time and has no sign of speeding up with university on my horizon but never the less enjoy putting my time into the old beast that punished my kidneys for a year. By the way I'm in need of 3fe and h55f
20150928_201550.jpg
if anybody had them kicking around

Kurt

Here's a high miler in Saskatoon :
landcruiser 3FE angie and a440 transmission | engine, engine parts | Saskatoon | Kijiji

There's a complete FJ62 near Lethbridge on Kijiji too. I was going to go take a gander at it before heading back east, but haven't heard anything after leaving a voice mail.
Toyota Land Cruiser | used cars & trucks | Lethbridge | Kijiji

Are you planning to swap a 3FE in as is, or build a 2FE? I've got lots of 3FE / FJ62 bits and pieces at home in Manitoba, but I don't have a runner I'd part with.

Quite the shop you have there. :)

Here's a high miler in Saskatoon :
landcruiser 3FE angie and a440 transmission | engine, engine parts | Saskatoon | Kijiji

There's a complete FJ62 near Lethbridge on Kijiji too. I was going to go take a gander at it before heading back east, but haven't heard anything after leaving a voice mail.
Toyota Land Cruiser | used cars & trucks | Lethbridge | Kijiji

Are you planning to swap a 3FE in as is, or build a 2FE? I've got lots of 3FE / FJ62 bits and pieces at home in Manitoba, but I don't have a runner I'd part with.

Quite the shop you have there. :)
Thanks for the reply I'll have to look into it but yeah planning on dropping the whole engine don't mind a rebuild

Hey everyone I'm Neil. Been into cruisers for a couple years thanks to Paul Solash (awesome guy and huge help when it comes to cruisers) I recently bought a 81 BJ42 and then 5 days later got lucky on an FJ45. I posted for some parts I need. I'll eventually make it out to a meet or two. Looking forward to meeting everyone.

DSC_0171.JPG

DSC_0190.JPG

Neil, those both look really nice! Welcome to the forum, hope to see you at a meet.

Thanks guys they both need a little love to get closer to stock but will be worth it...

Let me introduce myself.

I'm Jordan. Been reading this forum for months now. Awesome online community! I'm originally from Calgary, but I'm working down here in California until October. It's nice to see other Albertans who are passionate cruiser fans.

Seeing so many rust-free cruisers down here has definitely accelerated my love for them, specifically FJ60s. I don't have one yet, but I'm hopeful in the future I'll have one. I look forward to getting to know you guys a bit more. Nice cruisers Neil!

Seeing so many rust-free cruisers down here has definitely accelerated my love for them, specifically FJ60s. I don't have one yet, but I'm hopeful in the future I'll have one. I look forward to getting to know you guys a bit more. Nice cruisers Neil!

Don't forget to bring one back. It's easy.

Don't forget to bring one back. It's easy.

Hey Larry, nice to meet you! How easy is it? I've been reading into import laws, it in preparation to buy one. From what I understand, because the vehicle is over 15 years old it doesn't need to comply with RIV regulations at the border. But are there other safety regulations or OOP inspections (Alberta) that I need to be aware of? My main two concerns are (1) importing a vehicle with a lift. A lot of great Cruisers have a 3" lift, and if I bring one into Canada I want to make sure this is okay. And (2) that the lack of DRL is okay, although I'm not too concerned about this because it was manufactured after 1989 when the law required it.

These might be dumb questions, but any help you can give me would be huge! Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom