Who makes OEM Brake Pads, Advics Sumitomo Aisin Akebono? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

BTW if you have issue stopping then bleed your brakes first and then again after 10-15 cycles of ABS. 80's brakes are notoriously hard to bleed. Buy walmart's 1 gallon break fluid, you actually will need more of it before you brakes are good again.

:cheers: to day Drinking!
Lola ieee they use new current technology in pads regardless of year an make unless thrs a engineering issue aisin advics not sure but believe akebonos (oe honda) r all EOM suppliers. At the dealer on most Toyota you have a option of pads to fit the vehicle you are supplying the parts guy just picks the lowest price usually the aftermarket stuff u have to b careful som pads are so hard wil warp the rotors an some rotors are so cheap not hardened steel wil warp given you the cheetah effect aka purple spots same wit fly wheels u cant machine them ther cooked warped an give a pulsation effect any way just buy the oe supplier pads ive trod some of those yellow stuff an few others n my opinion no real differnce lollol good day im go drink me a cold one

Lola ieee they use new current technology in pads regardless of year an make unless thrs a engineering issue aisin advics not sure but believe akebonos (oe honda) r all EOM suppliers. At the dealer on most Toyota you have a option of pads to fit the vehicle you are supplying the parts guy just picks the lowest price usually the aftermarket stuff u have to b careful som pads are so hard wil warp the rotors an some rotors are so cheap not hardened steel wil warp given you the cheetah effect aka purple spots same wit fly wheels u cant machine them ther cooked warped an give a pulsation effect any way just buy the oe supplier pads ive trod some of those yellow stuff an few others n my opinion no real differnce lollol good day im go drink me a cold one

Can't argue with this :lol:

Only thing missing from this post is that you failed to provide your preference for break fluid, the volume needed, and how to bled the breaks. Otherwise great post :cheers:

One other thing to keep in mind that you're probably aware of is that each manufacturer makes more than one compound in the aftermarket and none of those options may be identical to OEM. My Isuzu Trooper had OEM Akebonos and I replaced with their best ceramic aftermarket "OEM replacement" and although I am very pleased with them, they are not going to last anywhere near what the OEM pads do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom