Who knows dual sport motorcycles? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

That's a good deal, get it. :cool:

Make sure to take it on some impossible looking trails, like steep sandy uphills. It will just plain go right up. An amazing bike in low traction conditions.

Left a deposit, should be flying in on thursday night and picking it up on Friday morning. I'll post some pictures when I get it!

Sweet find, I want one just like Posers...:clap:

Wow, those are sweet. According to the guy selling me the TW200 he said there is a huge following for these bikes. I guess he wasn't joking because they make a ton of accessories for them specifically. 78 mpg rated! OH no! another addiction or item to modify and upgrade, as if my FJ60 wasn't enough.... I need the luggage rack already and I am not even with the bike yet. He also said he's including a mount for a GIBI box, said it looked kind of nerdy but was great for groceries and small items. The way I look at it for $2500 I can ride it for a few years and still get my money back out of it. It was definitely a great price.

Wow, those are sweet. According to the guy selling me the TW200 he said there is a huge following for these bikes. I guess he wasn't joking because they make a ton of accessories for them specifically. 78 mpg rated! OH no! another addiction or item to modify and upgrade, as if my FJ60 wasn't enough.... I need the luggage rack already and I am not even with the bike yet. He also said he's including a mount for a GIBI box, said it looked kind of nerdy but was great for groceries and small items. The way I look at it for $2500 I can ride it for a few years and still get my money back out of it. It was definitely a great price.

Dude. Awesome. :cheers:

Can't wait to see pics. :cool:

Those GIVI boxes aren't too bad. If you want to go cheaper, get an Action Packer. $18.00 at Walmart. I can fit a 12 pack of Widmer and two gallons of milk in it at one time.
I just drilled holes in the bottom to mount it. Works great. Keeps things dry even when it's raining pretty good.

100_0264.jpg

wr0d on the Action Packer, it's a good way to go if you need covered storage for cheap. I rocked one for a while but settled on the milk crate for most of the time.

XTactionpackerrear.jpg

Teh GIVI boxes do look pretty dorky but they are pretty functional and the mount is a quick detach and leaves a fairly flat plate behind that's still usable as a rack.

here's a smallish one on an XT:

givirack1.jpg

cool, good Idea on the action packer. Very cheap and functional. I'll see how big the GIVI box he has is, I don't care if it's nerdy, if it works and it's there, it's probably going to stay for a while.

Meh. In 40 years we've all gotten the idea we have to go everywhere at mach II and a bigger engine is a better engine. Ever read the book "Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance"?

If you haven't, be sure you keep it that way. The book sucked. Wildly. A complete turd that somehow developed a following.

That said, the idiot that wrote the book traveled two up on a 250 as the inspiration for it. I think it was a 250 anyway. My mind was pretty numb after the second page and almost dead by the time the author misrepresented the character Phaedrus.

You'll dig the TW200. Careful the first few times on it out in the mud as the fat tire doesn't shed mud as fast as it'll pick it up so it might float a little more than you're expecting.

Yeah I don't think a 200 across country is the greatest idea, but I was impressed that it hauled him and all his gear with no issues. I'll be sure to stay away from that book! Thanks for the heads up haha

haha $94 a year insurance! lol yes

mine is over $200 too :frown:

but of course it's a Man's bike so that counts for something... :D

mine is over $200 too :frown:

but of course it's a Man's bike so that counts for something... :D

haha very true! I flew into Georgia from Canada, but got routed through Miami first....ughhhh arrived after many delays at 2 a.m. and had to take a $50 taxi versus the $2 Marta public train because they had already shut down routes it was so late. Airlines suck these days.

Late to this thread but the best dual sports for real off-road are Husqvarna TEs. My TE 250 is 50 state street legal, electric start, 6 speeds and ~240 pounds. You don't want to ride this thing on the roads all day but man is it nice in the woods.
te250clean.jpg

My DD is a klr 650 i'm on my third. one sold for college money one sold for a wife. Dropped out of college, divorced the wife and now I commute on a klr and love it. I have a HD softail deluxe that collects dust but the klr collects miles.

Late to this thread but the best dual sports for real off-road are Husqvarna TEs. My TE 250 is 50 state street legal, electric start, 6 speeds and ~240 pounds. You don't want to ride this thing on the roads all day but man is it nice in the woods.

Awesome bike but that's a 99% off road and 1% on road bike.

I have a 2001 DRZ400E that I am converting to Street. Once I find some Supermoto tires and rims for it I'll be a happy camper. They stick like glue... :D

I dress out at about 220. Would the 400 haul my big butt around or should I only consider the 650's? It will be mostly used in town but will need to get on the interstate some. I sat on a KLX 250 the other day and was surprised with how big it was. The smaller bores appeal to me in both their cost and their mpg's but am just afraid they would run out of breath on the road. Thoughts?

The Husqvarna 310, 450 or 511 will haul your arse around no prob! The verdict is still out though on the 2011 models with the BMW style swingarm/driveline.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom