Who has a Lexus 2010-13 GX with Dynamic cruise and a MetalTech 4x4 bumper. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I am trying to troubleshoot my Check Sonar System error I am getting on my 2011 GX460. Despite the error, I can still activate and deactivate as well as change the 3 levels of distance ahead on my dynamic cruise control. I do have a crack in the emblem from road debris and I have been digging on all the forums and your input here about the emblem being part of the sensor really spoke out to me.
Do you know any more info on this? Does the emblem somewhat serve as a barrier/shield for sensor to work correctly? I am trying to see if cracked emblem can cause an error but I cannot seem to find any answers on the forum. Just trying to find out the most I can here and get all the help I can. Thanks in advance!!
Is the emblem cracked or deformed? When I say deformed, is the crack causing part of the emblem to be pushed in or disorientated? Or is it literally just a surface crack and the emblem is still smooth.
If it's badly cracked it may have caused your sensor to be dislodged or point in a direction that it can't recognize. Similar to your parking sensors, if your bumper is pushed in where a sensor is, the sensor may point toward the ground and you'd be constantly getting a "too close" warning.
Just a thought...

I am trying to troubleshoot my Check Sonar System error I am getting on my 2011 GX460. Despite the error, I can still activate and deactivate as well as change the 3 levels of distance ahead on my dynamic cruise control. I do have a crack in the emblem from road debris and I have been digging on all the forums and your input here about the emblem being part of the sensor really spoke out to me.
Do you know any more info on this? Does the emblem somewhat serve as a barrier/shield for sensor to work correctly? I am trying to see if cracked emblem can cause an error but I cannot seem to find any answers on the forum. Just trying to find out the most I can here and get all the help I can. Thanks in advance!!
You might try checking on other model sub-forums on Club Lexus, as the radar cruise seems to be more common on other Lexus models (I have it on my '13 RX) than on the GX. Guessing it's the same system across similar model years and models, and not much GX specific. Assuming you've reset the code and it comes back?

Reactions: r2m

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom