Who can help me install gears and lockers on my 80? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

FloridaFJ80

Roaming Land Cruiser Heaven
Threads
Website
www.landcruiserheaven.com
Well I am thinking of purchasing some 4.88's and some ARB air lockers. But I dont have the skills to do the install myself or atleast build the 3rd member. I could purchase the completely built 3rd member from Marlin Crawler and just drop in the 3rd member and thats it, but want to see if I could save some money buy building it all "myself". Will travel around the state to perform the install. Just need a gear guro to help me with install, if I choose to go this route.

Heh. I've got another set of (brand new) 5.29's in my garage if you're thinking about going that tall and want a deal... ;)

This is something that you have to plan for. It will take about 2-4x's longer than you think it will :) You MUST take your time, and you must pay attention to detail.

All that being said, Luis has the right setup - it's just a matter of time.

If you can pull the 3rds out and bring them, that will dramatically help. Starting early with enough folks you can probably get the front and rear done in 4-5 hours, assuming you don't have to re-shim a lot.

I need to re-do my front ... maybe we can make a party of it or something.

I bought a set of Yukons from Marlin. But the front set didn't have the right setup kit for an e-locker.

The only folks who sell the setup kit are Just Differentials (Nitro). I didn't feel like having missing parts since I wanted to get so much done in one day (yeah right) - so I bought another set of 5.29's from JD's with the setup kits.

So yes, I have a set of Yukons. I was going to send them back to Marlin, but the shipping was another $100. So they've been sitting in a bin. Much better use of space, huh?

when are you all getting together. i have an e-locked rear axel to rebuild before i install it under the 80 and may need some guidance from someone whos been there before.

Sounds like y'all need to throw a party and invite some folks over! If your willing to travel I would gladly help. I'd hurry though it is supposed the be single digits next week. Might have to hang up the sandals for a couple days :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom