Which Tires? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
99 LC. The truck sees a lot of conditions including mud/snow/highway/farm roads. This is not a mall cruiser by any means. What are your opinions on tires? I need 4 new ones. I have tried Radial Rovers, Michelin LTX's (did not like), Big O.

Thanks.

BFG Rough Trail. Best tires ever. :D :flipoff2:

[quote author=Jukelemon link=board=2;threadid=9665;start=msg84864#msg84864 date=1073330020]
I need 4 new ones
[/quote]

Get five. You need a spare, right?

Oh yeah, try the SEARCH function, newbie.

:flipoff2: :flipoff2:

Welcome Aboard!

wob:

Did not want to search. Too many new tires/tire companies are out.

That is why I asked.

What do you run?

Thanks for the welcome. Been here a while though.

My 93 LC that i recently purchased came with 4 new/almost new Toy Country Trail...did get a chance to test it out the first nite i got the LC...5 inches of wet snow and did fine.

I think wob meant for you to use the search button on ih8mud; this topic has been covered several times.

But to be so audacious to say you don't want to search period....? How do you expect any of us to want to help if you don't want to do anything for yourself? :rolleyes:

Just to make things simple for you, I think most people will probably recommend BFG All terrains, or maybe Goodyear MTR's, but there are as many opinions on tires as there are people on the board.

Bridgestone dueler revos. Can't go wrong. :D Try 'em you'll like 'em!

No audacity here. I know what he meant. And I meant that I wanted up to date information/opinions not an old post. I certainly did not mean to come across as lazy or anything else. If I were searching for methods to flush a radiator, then a search would have done the trick.

Thank you for those of you who replied.

[quote author=91kruzr link=board=2;threadid=9665;start=msg84897#msg84897 date=1073332881]
Bridgestone dueler revos. Can't go wrong. :D Try 'em you'll like 'em!
[/quote]

Second that. The tread design are pretty mild but they are pretty capable off road except deep mud.

What size are you looking for? If you want bigger than 285 then they are not for you.

I always put MT on my SUV but on my 99 I decide to get quieter tire and my REVO pretty much exceed all my expectation.

I am more than halfway on my Michelin LTX M/S, I am thinking about Goodyear Wrangler MT/R for my next set. :)

Check out Toyo M-55's, they will do everything you need and last 80K miles.

[quote author=Jukelemon link=board=2;threadid=9665;start=msg84888#msg84888 date=1073332343]
wob:

Did not want to search. [/quote]

In that case, buy Swamper IROKs. :flipoff2:

I suggest new tires :cheers: ;)

[quote author=Junk link=board=2;threadid=9665;start=msg85251#msg85251 date=1073360617]
In that case, buy Swamper IROKs. :flipoff2:
[/quote]

what Junk says :D :slap:

how are those portals coming Junk? any pics yet?

[quote author=thorvald link=board=2;threadid=9665;start=msg85322#msg85322 date=1073368346]
what Junk says :D :slap:

how are those portals coming Junk? any pics yet?
[/quote]

Actually, looks like I'm now headed in another direction.

I run the Kelly Springfield Safari MSR in 285/75/16 on my '93... A very agressive A/T tread. They soak up bumps great and can air down very well. The sidewalls are TOUGH. Most of my experience is with a set in 33x9.50/15 on my '72 FJ40. I beat the daylights out of those tires and they have never let me down. Not even a flat yet!!! Here's a pic...

Jody.

i just got bridgestone winter duelers for my 100 and i love em. i spend like 4+ days in vt during the winter and they are amazing in the snow. i pland on getting the revos for the summer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom