Which Tires?? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.pvcruisers.com
Hi Folks-

As I do this build up for Pismo I realized my tires are ruined. To much dry rot. I've run 31's for a number of years, but am considering 33's as I have a 4 inch lift.

What are others running?

Well, my pig does much more dirt time than asphalt time, so I'm quite biased towards bias. Most anything interco besides thornturds. But, if you are planning on running it on the road and don't like square tires on a frozen morning, MTR's rock. And if you are looking at a little cheaper range, plain old classic all terrain ko's are pretty long lasting. On a real budjet, dunlop makes an ok mud terrain that is pretty cheap, but an interco isn't much more for a plain jane tsl. Oh yeah, and don't forget your 33's, if you can fit them and your motor will turn them, why not? I run 33's with an effective 3/4" body lift and 2.75" bs rims,original flat springs and have only destroyed some of the outer lugs (yeah, yeah, tight fit).

Personally, I'll be listening to swampers for 5 hours on the freeway on my way to Oceano dunes.

I'm running 32 swamper radials with about a 2" shackle lift with worn out springs. I have plenty of room for 33's but seem to go everywhere I want with the 32's. Everyonce in a while though my 6" overkill :eek: rear bumber gets in the way. But then, if I SOA, the bumber will no longer drag :grinpimp: .

Chuck

35 MTR for my vote . got me all the way to Moab and back for 2 years now , so while your under there cuttin stuff just go SOA and be done with it .
dude if you need anything for pismo just ask ( extra hands ) parts ect.

Snailwagon see you in the dunes

fj55-100

The Yokohama Geolander ATII+ is a good A/T tire if you spend more time on the road then off. I have used a few sets of these in the past. Really loved them. Did great on snow and ice too. They normal,ly run a lot less then the BFG's. But they are cost effectice.

Yeah, I think I will be running 33 yokohama Geolander's. I'm not a serious rock crawler. But I definetly use this rig in 4 wheel conditions. I can get them for $500 out the door including mounting, balancing, etc...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom