Which Rear Bumper? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

How much is the Sean bumper?

Sean's bumper is nice but he has stated he will not cut the frame.

The list so far is:
IPOR
ARB
Kymar

Was there a tire in the swingout equation too? Or you have that covered elsewhere?

I vote iron pig per your criteria
The slee and dc sure are nice as well. Not sure of your location but that may play a factor too

My tire is fine under the rig.

I may scrap the bumper idea & just do a swingout with the stock bumper like Wild Yoates & many others have done.

Built my own yesterday. Functional, but not as cool as the Slee or ARB. With the price of the welder included, it is still less $. I will let you know if it falls off on the trail. :steer:

Stupid question, but are the 4x4Labs bumpers available already assembled and "bolt on" or are they only kits?

Also, IIRC the IPOR bumpers use the 4X4Labs swing-outs...

Stupid question, but are the 4x4Labs bumpers available already assembled and "bolt on" or are they only kits?

Also, IIRC the IPOR bumpers use the 4X4Labs swing-outs...
Either.

I was a little skeptical about cutting the cross member out, but it was well worth it

I have a sean huston bumper and my dealings with him were great, he will make the swing outs to your needs

Built my own yesterday. Functional, but not as cool as the Slee or ARB. With the price of the welder included, it is still less $. I will let you know if it falls off on the trail. :steer:

You can't say that & not post pics. That's a party foul... Tease

I'm just finishing up a 4X4 Labs bumper build. Awesome bumper. Extremely stout. Cutting out the cross member is not a big deal. I was worried about it prior to doing it, but it was really no problem. If you have welding skills, the kit form is cheaper cost wise than any other swing-out option out there (for cruisers).... Personally, I have ordered parts and such from IPOR. They are a great company, but for a rear bumper, 4X4 Labs all the way.

How is the crossmember a deal breaker ? The material it's replaced with is infinitely stronger on the 4x4 labs bumper?

I put a labs bumper on an 80 a couple years ago that had a bent factory crossmember from an un impressive fender bender type rear ending. I actually had to straighten the frame rail a bit to fit the bumper from the accident

I went with the IPOR and dual swingouts (ladder and spare tire carrier). I had them integrate the hitch and I pull a 20 foot bay boat (that's another topic), the integrated hitch works perfectly for me. With regards to the Yeti on one side, I am sure you know this but that is an invite for theft. I have them on my boat and they are always locked down even in my garage. Here are some pics...

image.jpg

image.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom