Which is the alternator wire at the positive battery terminal? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

r2m

Richard
Threads
I already have dual Odyssey batteries (P1200's) installed. By the way, they both fit in the same battery tray. Just need a 2x12 of wood to prop them up a wee bit and a strap to secure. I believed I have pictures somewhere in this forum of my setup.

Anyways, I digress...

I'm installing a ProMariner, ProlsoCharge 1.2 and the wires I need to connect per the instructions are:
  1. Start Battery Switch
  2. Bank 2 Battery Switch
  3. Alternator in
  4. To Ignition
  5. To Engine Negative or Bus
And how I interpret them:

1. The positive cable (post) for the battery I want to use to keep separate for starting my rig. I don’t know which, out of that bulk of wires on the positive post, which goes to just starting the rig???
2. The positive cable (post) for the other “house” battery for stereo, ARB compressor/front locker, winch (when I get one), lighting, etc. I don’t know which, out of that bulk of wires on the positive post, which go to accessories???
3. I don’t know which wire is the alternator wire??? Do I have to cut it from the fused bundle on the positive cable??
4. This I assume goes through the firewall to the ignition to be turned on with the key.
5. Basically wire it to a body/frame part for ground.​

So basically my question is: which wires are for accessories and which are for just starting the truck AND which is the ALTERNATOR wire?? Photos would be very helpful!! :confused:

Please see attached diagram below.
20161022_152139.jpg

And, by the way, YES I did do a through search of MUD and 100 series for this topic and could not find anything that was helpful.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Also, kind of funny the typo on the instruction manual for the "Ingition"...
Thanks again all!:cheers:

Last edited:
Maybe this helps? Maybe not. Either way good luck! From a 2004 UZJ100 Manual:
Starting.jpg

Charging.jpg

Thanks Matserelli, it may help a little but I was hoping for a photo of the positive battery terminal with arrows pointing to which wire is which. But I think that the entire positive connection gets wired to the "Alternator" part of the ProlsoCharge (the middle terminal) and the other two large terminals (top and bottom) both go to each batteries positive post.

Can anyone either confirm this or let me know I'm wrong so I don't screw up my LC or batteries. Or thinking I have this set up right, drain what I'm thinking is one battery and both batteries are dead because I've wired wrong.

I'm amazed how little knowledge anyone has of this! I may have to keep bumping it to the top for a few days so more people can view it.

I think this setup may be designed more with boating and 2+ batteries in mind. I have the IBS dual battery kit and it does not require any fancy wiring (very simple). Here is the IBS schematic:
large_2074_DBM_Schem.jpg

Since the ProlsoCharge is made for marine use, their installation instructions are required to show battery switches (marine electrical code), which you likely will not have (since they are not factory equipment). Without that switch, you'll see that both the Alt Input and Batt 1 are connected directly to the battery. You should be able to connect directly to the positive terminal on the battery, and shouldn't need to connect/tie in to any of the cables on the fuse block. Note, however, that proper fuses should be used.

While it looks right based on their instructions, it wouldn't hurt to send the manufacturer a quick email to verify, preferably with diagram showing your intended use. I've found that manufacturers are typically good at responding to technical inquiries.

Are you asking which wire at the battery is the power wire for the alternator? If so, you can check the thread in my sig line and there is a photo that shows how I replaced the factory alternator power wire, and where it ties into the fuse block off the positive terminal. If that is not what you are asking for then I apologize for the irrelevant information:D

I think you may have it Forger. I only have a moment right now to check this thread, but I'll check your tread a little later.
Thank you for the time to respond.
I appreciate it!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom