Which is the A/C relay (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So, it's got hot again, so my A/C decided to be tempermental again. I went for the relays in the DS kick panel as I understand that if one of those relays goes bad you get the sympton of the center row of switches (a/c / auto / recirc) being dead along with the fan. Only one problem - there are a bunch of them there. Which one is it?

What? No one has run into this before?

My 95 manual shows several relays that could impact the A/C.
The engine coolant temp. cut relay which is round and has 4 connectors, and the Heater main relay which is square and has 5 connectors.
Others in that area are the blower speed control relay ( 8 connectors) and the rear heater relay (6 connectors).
What specifically is the problem. Not blowing cold, or not blowing at all?

What specifically is the problem. Not blowing cold, or not blowing at all?

not blowing at all.

The center row of switches doesn't light up. The top row (def, vent, feet) lights up, the fan row lights up and you can even switch from high to low, but the center row nothing. And no fan blowing.

Troubleshooting in the manual indicates these for no blower operation (in order of probability:

1) fusible link
2) circuit breaker
3) heater relay (square 5 connector)
4) a/c control assembly
5) blower motor
6) blower speed control relay (8 connector)

Troubleshooting in the manual indicates these for no blower operation (in order of probability:

1) fusible link
2) circuit breaker
4) a/c control assembly
5) blower motor

Replaced Fusible links -

Where is the circuit breaker?

Replaced ALL relays -

Plugged in the Manual A/C control from a '94 - the recirculate light comes on, but no A/c light and no blowing.

Guess I'm down to spending the cash on a a/c Control assembly - replaced it couple years ago with a scrap yard one, guess this time it's pony up the big cash....

1) fusible link
2) circuit breaker
4) a/c control assembly
5) blower motor

Without access to a FSM. Can anyone provide some feedback as to where the fusible link is for the blower? Suffering from similar problems...checked both control boxes (white one on drivers side, and black AC amplifier on pass side near ECM). I had found a scan of the dash relay locations but doesn't show the location of the Fusible Link.

All fuses looked good as well.

Much appreciated!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom