which give more power- weber32/36 or aisin (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm running a weber 32/36 on my 1982 fj40 right now but purchased on ebay a totally rebuilt aisin carb with new jets and needle and such...which will give me more power. i am putting the stock style back on b/c the weber doesnt seem all that great and i should be able to ge about 250-300 for it since its only 6 months old.

I've always heard the 32/36 was too small for the 2F and that to go weber you really need the 38/38... so I'm not surprised the performance doesn't seem to be there.

jm

IIRC, the 38/38 is not progressive and although it will dump more gas at higher RPM's, it does not do that much for lowend torque. Both barrels open at the same time.
Just out of curiosity, what did you have to give for a rebuilt Asin carb????
I've stuck with the stock carb and rebuilt 4 of them, so maybe I stay just because I know the damn thing (kinda like the wife).
Ed Long ;)

Just my .02, everything I have read reverts to the core of the problem. Landcruisers came with tractor engines. 135 hp out of the box. More power means a SBC.

I think the weber vs asian debate is like Ford vs Chevy. Ask 5 people and get 5 different opinions. I would say if you are going for a stock type of cruiser though you did good with the asian.

Good Luck.

[quote author=Degnol link=board=1;threadid=6859;start=msg56373#msg56373 date=1067399921]
IIRC, the 38/38 is not progressive and although it will dump more gas at higher RPM's, it does not do that much for lowend torque. Both barrels open at the same time.
Just out of curiosity, what did you have to give for a rebuilt Asin carb????
I've stuck with the stock carb and rebuilt 4 of them, so maybe I stay just because I know the damn thing (kinda like the wife).
Ed Long ;)
[/quote]

:eek:: I take it your wife doesn't look over your shoulder!

No, Dave, she doesen't....not when it comes to carbs. She thinks that Berryman's Chemtool Carb Dip smells "Like Pigs".
I use it as my "not tonight, honey, I've got a headache", cologne!
I just meant that I'm now familiar with the stock carb(and the wife) and have no desire to change.
And don't give me any crap about not installing the header yet, I've had too much fun driving this summer. It'll have to be my winter project! Looks real good hanging on the garage wall, though. Great conversation piece.
Ed

Gawd, its a :banana: project!

Well, winter's started here: it is snowing to beat the band. So you can do it tomorrow!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom