Which Aftermarket Seat Covers to Buy in 2021 (6 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The cost of the Bison Gears are not far off from the cost of a set of replacement leather covers. I looked at covers (Bison Gear and others as well) and just ended going all the way to replacement leather - totally worth it, makes the seats feel new instead of more farm truck-esque (cover over torn up seats).

Last edited:
I’m about to commit to Richmond Upholstery in Houston TX.

My local interior shop had good things to say about them but first i gotta get the starter replaced!
I know they do great King Ranch leather replacements. I would think the cruiser leather is good also.

Any update on how these bad boys have held up?
They have held up pretty well, no wear or stitches popping out. Thinking of replacing them with a full set of escape gear covers though. My only complaint with the Iggee covers is they get really hot in the sun just like leather, so swamp ass is a big problem.

They have held up pretty well, no wear or stitches popping out. Thinking of replacing them with a full set of escape gear covers though. My only complaint with the Iggee covers is they get really hot in the sun just like leather, so swamp ass is a big problem.
Swamp ass: remembered a "poor college student" trick from the days of loooong summer road trips: use cardboard as a temporary seat cover. absorbs water to no end. depending on location can last 1/2 to 1 day. usually the cardboard was the remenants of a case of beer.....no comment :doh:

For the Coverados, are you getting the universal fit? Don't have a LC specific option that I can see. Thanks!

Thinking of replacing them with a full set of escape gear covers though.

Just got mine from Equipt. Paul is awesome to work with, Kurt @cruiseroutfit has had them in his 200 for years, and rode in a buddy's Tundra that has a set and was super impressed with the fit. My 4 year old LSeat replacement leather is showing way too much wear for the age and use the truck gets, along with the dye already wearing off. Going to try Escape Gear for the next redo once the weather warms up a little and I can pull the seats.

1705458876877.jpeg

Just got mine from Equipt. Paul is awesome to work with, Kurt @cruiseroutfit has had them in his 200 for years, and rode in a buddy's Tundra that has a set and was super impressed with the fit. My 4 year old LSeat replacement leather is showing way too much wear for the age and use the truck gets, along with the dye already wearing off. Going to try Escape Gear for the next redo once the weather warms up a little and I can pull the seats.

So many years it was time for a new front set :D

I had Paul set me up with a pair of front row, my second row are still in great shape. 125k miles on the front seats with tons of dudes living out of the truck for days at a time between racing, chasing and training projects. I didn't give buying a new set a second thought, Equipt had them in stock and I had them a few days later.

Interested in jumping on the equip band wagon.

As I recall, these are made overseas. Maybe we could do a bulk order to save on shipping to us of a.

Whose interested?

Interested in jumping on the equip band wagon.

As I recall, these are made overseas. Maybe we could do a bulk order to save on shipping to us of a.

Whose interested?

They are stocked at Equipts SLC warehouse.

Thanks for the update, Kurt :beer:

BTW: have you seen andre s as of late?

I’ve not seen him in a year or two but he’s still local and active in a bunch of different car projects. He’s quite active on Facebook too

Finally got some time to get around to this - way overdue!
Lots of good information in this thread - looks like there are some 'OK' value options, but for quality and fit looks like Ridies or LeatherSeats.com

I have used LeatherSeats.com before, on my NSX and I was quite pleased with them.
(So not an LC/LX application but just showing others what a real install looks like. I did these myself

NSX_10_03_11 009.jpg

Above was right after install - below is 5 years later (but recognize this was a really low usage car)

PA190152.JPG

So even though I was pretty happy with LeatherSeats, I'm actually leaning towards Ridies for the LX470.
The images I've seen all look like really nice fit - and they have the Nappa option which I might consider.
At this point in its life 'Goldie' also has pretty low use - only has 147K on our 99 which was bought new and now only does a few thousand miles a year.
So I'm not looking for the most robust wearing, necessarily, more what is going to look the best.

I'd welcome Ridies or leatherseats users comments

p.s. anyone know of any coupons or sales on Ridies?

I ordered samples from Ridies and they emailed me a week or so later and asked what I thought. I told them I was a few months out and asked if prices were going up, and got a pretty rude/snide email from Ridies saying they did not know, their prices were low, and they don't offer sales. Ridies also posted in the GX forum advertising their covers but failed to respond to many of the threads in this forum where poor quality/service were indicated, even when they were tagged or otherwise prompted. So....buy at your own risk :)

I will say that their samples felt just as good as the LeatherSeats.com samples. However, I was personally not willing to do business with them based on my interactions and their behavior on this forum, and paid the extra $200 for the LeatherSeats covers, as the company had a much better reputation.

... asked if prices were going up, and got a pretty rude/snide email from Ridies saying they did not know, their prices were low, and they don't offer sales. ..
I got a similar reply to similar question about a year ago - I didn't take it as rude/snide however, just stating that their prices were already low (competitive) - which they are - and like yours, that they did not typically offer sales. It depends how you want to read that I suppose, you can take it as a simple statement of fact or otherwise, if you don't care for that answer. I don't expect they should be slighted by the question, nor me by the answer. Personally, even though I enjoy Sales, I have some respect for companies that have rigid pricing (as long as its reasonable).
As to the quality/service issues, that is a different story and I will research some more on that.

I also routinely do sales, proposals, marketing, etc. for my day job. The way they responded to my email is not how I would ever correspond with either an existing or potential future client/customer.

I probably could have dealt with the rudeness, but the multiple reports of poor service and ghosting pushed me over the edge. I'm very happy with the LeatherSeats covers and they were pretty nice to deal with too (gave me a Black Friday discount a few days early).

Edit: See the very detailed thread below on Ridies. Their email tones led me to do some more due diligence. Had they responded with a different style, I would not have looked so hard and would have bought their covers.

Last edited:
The cost of the Bison Gears are not far off from the cost of a set of replacement leather covers. I looked at covers (Bison Gear and others as well) and just ended going all the way to replacement leather - totally worth it, makes the seats feel new instead of more farm truck-esque (cover over torn up seats).

Poking through your build thread I see seat heater elements. Did the leaterseats covers come with new elements or did you transfer them from the OEM seats? My truck needs new covers badly and leatherseats is the front runner currently.

Poking through your build thread I see seat heater elements. Did the leaterseats covers come with new elements or did you transfer them from the OEM seats? My truck needs new covers badly and leatherseats is the front runner currently.
I transferred them over from the old seats. They were in really good shape and it was pretty easy to do using a ~$6 tagging/basting gun from Hobby Lobby.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom