Where's this leak coming from? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

afa

Threads
I have a leak that appears to be coming from the power steering pump. The only issue is that it is oil that's coming from that area. I did replace my power steering hoses a few weeks ago with standard 5/8 and 3/8 hoses and I've had no problems so far. The liquid appears to be new oil (since I just changed my oil roughly 1 month ago) and not red power steering fluid since I use Valvoline Maxlife for the power steering fluid.

The valve covers were recently changed on both sides since they had a small leak and I've had no issues with those. Not a drop of oil from either side from the new valve covers.

As shown in the pictures below, it's coming from the power steering pump area, dripping below to the alternator/oil pan below, and also the passenger side tie rod boot.

Any suggestions?

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

Might be a leaking passenger side cam seal. A leak there could follow that same path.

Degrease the area and add a UV dye to the crankcase.
Drive for a week and look again.

Might be a leaking passenger side cam seal. A leak there could follow that same path.

I had the timing belt/water pump and all seals done about 1 1/2 years ago. No problems with that yet but it could be. Anything else that might be causing it?

From the top of the engine bay everything looks clean but from below, that's where you can see the leak.

If the cam seals were done, thats probably not it. I chased a similar leak on the driver side that ended up being a bad cam seal. Off hand, I can’t think of anything else on that side that would leak oil.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom