Where to rent a moto? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

murf

Lifer
Threads
My 19 yr old daughter really wants to learn to ride a dirt bike. She is a good ATV rider and has a knack for it. The only rentals are large 250, 430s etc

Does anyone know where I can rent something like a 100 or 200 enduro/dualsport/trail (not a competition bike). Any ideas?

Thanks, EM

fwiw, if she's going to be two wheeling anything, you should check this out.

It's really very excellent and you end up with a moto endorsement when the class is over, not to mention you get a ton of bike time. Albeit being a "road" course, she'll certainly take away a tremendous amount of helpful, practical info.

TEAM Arizona Motorcycle Training School | License Classes

I just sold all my junk recently or I would have offered to loan my sons bike. depending on her height, probably a ttr 125 or 200 would be good to learn on.

Last edited:
Would be willing to rent from someone too....

Crystal ball see's a Daughter and Dad dual purchase on the horizon.;)

Send her to Georgia for a week! I've got extra bikes and 2 tracks/trails on the property! There is also a few places within 90 mins of here that rent bikes and have trails available. On an Arizona note, I thought there was a company in Cave Creek that rented some bikes. Cant remember what they rented but they were trail bikes, just don't remember what size. If I was still there we could definitely have loaned a bike.

Good luck on finding something. Good skill to have even if she doesn't end up sticking with it.

And if you do the father daughter thing - watch your shoulders; roughing it on a bike in the backwoods can really tear up the shoulders of us old farts.

Thx guys, a guy at work ended up offering his xr200 and his kdx250. The xr is a great size to learn on and I can give the money i was to use on rentals to him which he will use to help get a trailer for them he and his fiancé wanted anyway.

I ended up renting from a coworker. She drove probably the best bike for learning on which is the 4 stroke XR200. I rode a 250.

We first spent the time of her learning how to ride in the big horse corral on 7 springs road. lots of space to learn. Clutch, balance, braking, shifting. I was amazed at how fast she learned!

We rode around then went back out to 4 peaks to ride some more on Sunday. It was a blast and she rode like she has done this many times before - Proud Papa lol

moto1.jpg
moto2.jpg
moto3.jpg

fwiw, if she's going to be two wheeling anything, you should check this out.

It's really very excellent and you end up with a moto endorsement when the class is over, not to mention you get a ton of bike time. Albeit being a "road" course, she'll certainly take away a tremendous amount of helpful, practical info.

TEAM Arizona Motorcycle Training School | License Classes

I second this. I did this training before getting my M endorsement. I went in there having never ridden a motorcycle. 2 days later I owned a Suzuki DL1000A and been ridding it ever since. Plus, after completion, they give you a gift cert to various gear stores thats worth what you paid for the class. WIN

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom