Where to put more lights? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

macneill

Rollin’ on 33s
Threads
I picked up set of used PIAA 520s (thanks uzj100) and I can't decide/figure out where to put them on the bull bar.

Seems the bar was well designed with approach angle in mind and doesn't leave a lot of extra space for non protruding brackets.

I don't want them sticking out too far so they get crushed.

I'm open to welding a few angle tabs on, or some half circles cut in flat stock to fit on the tubular part.

The top of the bar is out of the question. My wife's adamently against that.

Oh, and those two vertical rod racks are not on right now.

Any thoughts?

Last edited:
Are they around the same size as your existing 2 PIAA's on the bar?

There a little smaller than the IPFs on there now, and less wattage.

aux light mount points

I used ARB bar accessory mounts to place two lighforce 140 mm lamps between two 240 mm lights. I cut the mounts so that i could bolt them around the smaller diameter tubing. fully adjustable. you could hang one upside down from the top bar at least. what is the tube diameter of your bar? Maybe these picts will show better. Anybody know how to get bigger photos on here? Bought a star membership hoping to get more space, but it ain't working yet...
IMG_0482.jpg
IMG_0520.jpg

Macneil, don't do it man. Your 100 looks great with the current setup. It's very rugged, but still looks very classy. Adding more lights to the bull bar isn't going to make it look better. I know everybody has their own opinion, and I'm not trying to bring anybody down. But, if you look at Pequiod's rig, what do you see? All those lights take away from the overall look. The 100 has great lines and looks very clean, but if all you see is lights, you lose some of the effect. With high beam headlights and a set of PIAA's already there, how much do you really need? Now, if you add them to the roof on a rack, that's a different story. Again, just my opinion.

I just don't see how anything else is gonna fit on the TJM and still have the functionality for surf fishing. Only way that I can see is on the roof rack.

Why not just get a set of Hella FF75s in whatever pattern you like? TJM assures me they fit in where your current turn signal lamps are mounted in the bullbar. The plastic insert is supposed to mount these lamps perfectly, complete bolt-on, no mods necessary.

Cool. Thanks for the thoughts.

dclee: never thought of the FF75s. Saw a link on Yota, where a guy did it, pretty cool.

Greg B: Yeah I hear, maybe two more may be too much, but hey now that I own them I gotta put 'em somewhere!

Pequiod: Nice looking rig. Great solution for the other set. Maybe a single upside down might work.

I guess I'll just drill a couple of holes in the hood and stick 'em there. Done.

;p

I will buy them back if you do not want them.

uzj100

uzj100 said:
I will buy them back if you do not want them.

uzj100

Thanks for the offer, but I'll find someplace for 'em.

If not the 100, someday when I get a 40, 55 or 60, I'll save them for that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom