Where to get good deals on Toyota Factory Extended Warranty? (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thank you for the info. I appreciate it. I am going to set the funds aside just in case. Taking it in tomorrow for the 45k service so I will get a feel for what I have. The power train is still covered up to 72 or until 2020.

If you're concerned you can probably pick up an aftermarket extended warranty at any time.

Overall the 200-series is pretty reliable and a warranty is more of an insurance policy - most people will lose money on the deal but if you can't absorb a big repair if you happen to be unlucky it's a life saver.

Last edited:
I bought my 2016 with 34k on the clock about two months ago. For an extra $1500 I got the full warranty until 2023 or 100k miles whichever comes first. That was at Tansky Toyota in Columbus Ohio.

Hey, gang. I sent an email to Jennifer earlier this week and the prices she quoted are still the same as VER1TAS listed in his post earlier in this thread. Her email address has changed so you should use the following email if you want to reach her: jtaylor@gowolverines.com. It sounds like they built a new facility and changed the name from Elite Toyota to Wolverine Toyota.

Hey, gang. I sent an email to Jennifer earlier this week and the prices she quoted are still the same as VER1TAS listed in his post earlier in this thread. Her email address has changed so you should use the following email if you want to reach her: jtaylor@gowolverines.com. It sounds like they built a new facility and changed the name from Elite Toyota to Wolverine Toyota.

The email above is incorrect. I just bought a warranty agreement from Jennifer and her email address is jtaylor@gowolverinetoyota.com

I just want to thank everyone for this thread, it's been SO HELPFUL! I just e-mailed Jennifer to look into the Toyota Platinum warranty. I am picking up a new 2018 Land Cruiser next week and the dealership tried to sell me an All State warranty instead, saying it was way better. But, when I gave the insurance folks my information, they also tried to sell me an All State insurance policy. So, I know they are getting money from All State. He said he has the Toyota ones available as well, but they are "not as good". The sales manager is a really ncie guy, as this is my first time getting a Toyota as a long-time Land Rover owner, but he knew I was not buying his story.

They just did the passenger seatbelt tensioner sensor recall yesterday, so the parts are coming in and folks will soon be able to pick up their LC200/LX which have been on a selling freeze.

I am now just waiting for Jennifer to e-mail/call me back and I will get the warranty through her - so glad I found this forum, you guys are so helpful!!!!

Regards, David

Good catch. I must have been too excited to make my first post...and then I blew it. Thanks for putting the correct email.

I just want to thank everyone for this thread, it's been SO HELPFUL! I just e-mailed Jennifer to look into the Toyota Platinum warranty. I am picking up a new 2018 Land Cruiser next week and the dealership tried to sell me an All State warranty instead, saying it was way better. But, when I gave the insurance folks my information, they also tried to sell me an All State insurance policy. So, I know they are getting money from All State. He said he has the Toyota ones available as well, but they are "not as good". The sales manager is a really ncie guy, as this is my first time getting a Toyota as a long-time Land Rover owner, but he knew I was not buying his story.

They just did the passenger seatbelt tensioner sensor recall yesterday, so the parts are coming in and folks will soon be able to pick up their LC200/LX which have been on a selling freeze.

I am now just waiting for Jennifer to e-mail/call me back and I will get the warranty through her - so glad I found this forum, you guys are so helpful!!!!

Regards, David

I have called and left two messages this morning and sent an email to Jennifer. How quick is she to respond? Im looking at picking up my 17 with 35903 miles today and I don't have any wiggle room in mileage before the 3/36k is out. My local dealer(used manager) is trying to get me to buy some USP Warranty(third party), but I think I want to stick with the Toyota. I plan on keeping this vehicle for a long time like my 80 so its piece of mind.

Hello!

Jennifer was VERY fast to respond to e-mail and calls. She sent me the price quotes, credit card authorization, and then I talked to her on the phone to give her my card information. This all happened within 20-30 minutes of my original e-mail. I wonder if she is out of the office today? You could ask the operator and see if they can get a message to her? Just to make sure you have the right e-mail, this is what I used and she responded:

jtaylor@gowolverinetoyota.com

I hope that helps - good luck!!!

Regards, David

I have called and left two messages this morning and sent an email to Jennifer. How quick is she to respond? Im looking at picking up my 17 with 35903 miles today and I don't have any wiggle room in mileage before the 3/36k is out. My local dealer(used manager) is trying to get me to buy some USP Warranty(third party), but I think I want to stick with the Toyota. I plan on keeping this vehicle for a long time like my 80 so its piece of mind.

Thanks David! As soon as I typed that question, that's what I did, and you are correct, she is out of the office. I will call back tomorrow. I'm just trying not to get to that 36000 mile mark before talking to her...and It's at 35,903.

Hello!

Jennifer was VERY fast to respond to e-mail and calls. She sent me the price quotes, credit card authorization, and then I talked to her on the phone to give her my card information. This all happened within 20-30 minutes of my original e-mail. I wonder if she is out of the office today? You could ask the operator and see if they can get a message to her? Just to make sure you have the right e-mail, this is what I used and she responded:

I hope that helps - good luck!!!

Regards, David

You are very welcome! I can't wait to see your new LC200. This is my first Land Cruiser and I am excited for delivery early next week. Yes, you are close to 36,000, do you have a long drive from the dealership? I would definitely hold off on driving a lot until you can talk to Jennifer and get the plan active. Luckily, it's only one day! :) I know she offered Toyota Certified Used plans (if it is that) and for new, so not sure what option you would have to pick. Here are the costs she sent to me so you can review it:

Toyota Certified Used Vehicle Plan: The term begins the date your vehicle was purchased new and at 0 miles. We'll also need the TCUV number.

Toyota Certified Platinum $0 Deductible
7yr/100k7yr/125k8yr/100k8yr/125k
$ 755$ 1,025$ 990$ 1,250

New Vehicle Plan: The plan is the Toyota Extra Care Platinum $0 deductible and the term begins the date your vehicle was purchased new and at 0 miles. I just need an email (typed please, no pictures) with the vin, exact current miles, name, address, and phone # for the policy and then you can call me at your convenience with the credit card info to charge it to. We accept Visa, MC, and Discover. Our office will process it with Toyota and then mail you out your receipt and policy application copy. You'll then receive a packet in the mail from Toyota with your policy and roadside assistance card. The vehicle must still be under original factory 3yr/36k mile warranty to qualify.

T5
Plan CodeLAND CRUISER, SEQUOIA 4WD,
3YR/50KB35$ 470
3YR/80KB38$ 540
4YR/65KB46$ 580
4YR/100KB40$ 795
4YR/125KB41$ 1,005
5YR/60KB57$ 570
5YR/80KB58$ 655
5YR/100KB50$ 950
5YR/125KB51$ 1,220
6YR/75KB67$ 750
6YR/100KB60$ 1,220
6YR/125KB61$ 1,625
7YR/75KB77$ 885
7YR/100KB70$ 1,460
7YR/125KB71$ 1,820
8YR/75KB87$ 1,075
8YR/100KB80$ 1,625
8YR/125KB81$ 2,275
9YR/100KB90$ 2,055
9YR/125KB91$ 2,815
10YR/100KB95$ 2,230
10YR/125KB96$ 3,055

Thanks David! As soon as I typed that question, that's what I did, and you are correct, she is out of the office. I will call back tomorrow. I'm just trying not to get to that 36000 mile mark before talking to her...and It's at 35,903.

In case you are wanting to contact Jennifer Taylor her email has changed, and so has the dealers owner (name). I just purchased a plan for my Tacoma and she was the best/lowest price for the 8/75K agreement.

"Also, if you wouldn't mind letting the forum that you got my contact information know that my email address has changed to jtaylor@gowolverinetoyota.com I'd greatly appreciate it. We built a new facility and changed the dealership's name and the elitemotormall email won't work much longer. Thank you!"

Nice work!

You are very welcome! I can't wait to see your new LC200. This is my first Land Cruiser and I am excited for delivery early next week. Yes, you are close to 36,000, do you have a long drive from the dealership? I would definitely hold off on driving a lot until you can talk to Jennifer and get the plan active. Luckily, it's only one day! :) I know she offered Toyota Certified Used plans (if it is that) and for new, so not sure what option you would have to pick. Here are the costs she sent to me so you can review it:

Toyota Certified Used Vehicle Plan: The term begins the date your vehicle was purchased new and at 0 miles. We'll also need the TCUV number.

Toyota Certified Platinum $0 Deductible
7yr/100k7yr/125k8yr/100k8yr/125k
$ 755$ 1,025$ 990$ 1,250

New Vehicle Plan: The plan is the Toyota Extra Care Platinum $0 deductible and the term begins the date your vehicle was purchased new and at 0 miles. I just need an email (typed please, no pictures) with the vin, exact current miles, name, address, and phone # for the policy and then you can call me at your convenience with the credit card info to charge it to. We accept Visa, MC, and Discover. Our office will process it with Toyota and then mail you out your receipt and policy application copy. You'll then receive a packet in the mail from Toyota with your policy and roadside assistance card. The vehicle must still be under original factory 3yr/36k mile warranty to qualify.

T5
Plan CodeLAND CRUISER, SEQUOIA 4WD,
3YR/50KB35$ 470
3YR/80KB38$ 540
4YR/65KB46$ 580
4YR/100KB40$ 795
4YR/125KB41$ 1,005
5YR/60KB57$ 570
5YR/80KB58$ 655
5YR/100KB50$ 950
5YR/125KB51$ 1,220
6YR/75KB67$ 750
6YR/100KB60$ 1,220
6YR/125KB61$ 1,625
7YR/75KB77$ 885
7YR/100KB70$ 1,460
7YR/125KB71$ 1,820
8YR/75KB87$ 1,075
8YR/100KB80$ 1,625
8YR/125KB81$ 2,275
9YR/100KB90$ 2,055
9YR/125KB91$ 2,815
10YR/100KB95$ 2,230
10YR/125KB96$ 3,055

Thanks to this thread I contacted Jennifer Taylor re: an extended factory warranty for a LC200 with 41,000 miles on it. Here's what I found out:

* For her to help, the vehicle must still be under original factory 3 year/36,000 mile warranty to qualify
* Even if the vehicle is Certified Pre-Owned (CPO) - "The CPO plans can only be purchased from dealer selling the vehicle and only at the time of vehicle sale. That just changed this year" according to Jennifer
* However, if the CPO vehicle is being sold by a Toyota dealership they should be able to sell an extended plan - it's called Toyota Certified Plus plan. But then there's no competition and they can price it however they want (unless Toyota doesn't allow any mark-ups by the dealership).

Jennifer's contact info:
Jennifer Taylor
Wolverine Toyota
16490 Tecumseh, Dundee, MI 48131
734-242-3900
GoWolverineToyota.com

Couldn't get Autonation Toyota in Austin to honor the Toyota Extended Warranty when I had the Transmission software updated to address harsh shifting.

It was only $100, but it seems like a typical insurance company experience.

I don't think I purchase the warranty if I had it to do again based upon getting stiffed for $100 after spending $2275.

There's only two Toyota dealers in Austin. Charles Maund Toyota service dept is terrible. The other Toyota dealers are located no where near me.

^That is a bummer.

I have 2 good dealers I use but the best is worth the 100 mile drive on occasion. Neither one would charge for that.

In fact they flashed mine no charge without using the extended warranty.

Maybe a friendly chat with the service manager?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom