Where to find best price one oem cv axles? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Recently bought my gx at 120k, saw both inner boots starting to leak. Was hoping to wait and replace both when I lift it. Just checked yesterday now driver side is spewing grease. Looking to replace with oem then reboot original for spare. I'm trying to avoid after market. I've heard cvj is good, though the extended boots leak sometimes. I appreciate any suggestions.
Cheers

At the recommendation of someone on this site, I spoke to my local Toyota dealership and they had factory rebuilt OEM CV axles. All factory parts rebuilt by a service technician. I don’t recall the price, but I seem to recall it was less than half what new factory units went for.

I’ll 2nd (or 3rd) CVJ. They sell reman Oem axles built with oem hard parts and a couple options for boots. I just did 1 on an 03 V-8, can’t say enough good about their customer service and product.
That said, I’d first recommend rebooting your own Oem axles as the cheapest solution if your axles are still good. OEM boots can be had For $50 per side with new grease included. However, if you have a lift, go with the CVJ silicone boot ($$).

Recently bought my gx at 120k, saw both inner boots starting to leak. Was hoping to wait and replace both when I lift it. Just checked yesterday now driver side is spewing grease. Looking to replace with oem then reboot original for spare. I'm trying to avoid after market. I've heard cvj is good, though the extended boots leak sometimes. I appreciate any suggestions.
Cheers

For my '06 4Runner, I went with CVJ axles with the red silicone inner boots because of the 2" lift installed. I've been very happy with them and have put over 40k on them so far with zero problems. Axle replacement is not difficult to do yourself either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom