Where is the best place to buy a Sram Rival Groupo? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Have been wanting to get into road cycling for a while and have finally bought a frame and fork.:bounce: Now I have to buy all the components. Anyone know who has the best deal on groupo's?
:cheers:

Check out the Performance catalog. IIRC, they had some pretty good deals on groupos. It seems with a weaker economy, the high end stuff is getting marked down quite a bit. I recently bought some XTR pedals for $119. Last Spring, these were $200+ pedals!

Colorado Cyclist seemed to have some deals, too.

Jensonusa.com, adrenalinebikes.com, speedgoat.com a few to get you started.

Jenson will price match almost every time and the Customer service is excellent.

Probikekit.com | Sram Components | EXTRA 15% OFF - SRAM Rival Groupset

It's not an american company, but they have amazing prices, and free shipping to the usa.

I don't know much about sram prices, but this seems pretty cheap (close to 1/2 the price at jensen).

I've ordered tubular tires from them, and it only took about a week to ship.

I totally forgot about them. I have had some good buys on clothing and it was like any other transaction. I wouldn't hesitate to buy from them again.

I have to give a vote for your LBS. Local shops can get you all the parts, (maybe not the best price) But they will also be there when you need their help with pieces, tuning, or whatever else.

I went down to the local shop to whom I thought was a good friend owns. His opinionated "help" to me that Sram is crap and to run Shimano. (kinna rubbed me the wrong way) They quoted $1k and I ended up buying for $700.

I went down to the local shop to whom I thought was a good friend owns. His opinionated "help" to me that Sram is crap and to run Shimano. (kinna rubbed me the wrong way) They quoted $1k and I ended up buying for $700.

He was just trying to help. Sram is good for mountain bike stuff, but in the road world it goes Sram<Shimano<Campagnolo.

He was just trying to help. Sram is good for mountain bike stuff, but in the road world it goes Sram<Shimano<Campagnolo.

You know which group the tour last year right? :rolleyes:

That might have been true 5 years ago but times they are a changing.

I have Campy Record 11spd on my current ride and truly believe it is way over priced. I won"t spend money on the higher end groups from any manufacture from now on.

I would buy Chorus, Ultegra and Force but the gains I could get out of the top end stuff are minimal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom