Where can I get my Aisan rebuilt? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Only one guy I would use and it's

Jim Chenoweth, TLC Performance
Lancaster, Ohio, USA
Ph. 740.862.2604 Mailto: <fj40jim@aol.com>
TLCA #1914
http://hometown.aol.com/fj40jim/myhomepage/index.h

there are a few other guys that were doing them, but to be honest.......both of them got kinda flakey, I used the guy in Texas and it was a misserible experence, ended up after MONTHS of BS and waiting with a carb that looked like a monkey rebuilt it, ran HORIBLE, to his credit I did get my money back. Ended up having mine rebuilt localy, good job however.

Never heard one bad thing about Jim but LOTS of good things, he runs the carbs on a 2f before he sends em out I believe. Not sure on price.

Me........heck I just bought a brand new Aisin for my 82fj40 today, yeah it was $600 but it's NEW NEW NEW.

I would recommend Jim C. for sure, from what I have read.

ditto. Nice guy too.

no personal experience, but never heard a bad report on Jim Chenoweth...good recommendation.

Stray,
Have you ever considered doing it yourself? Tha chemtool carbdip is about $16-18 for a half gallon, the kit is $1495 locally or about $22 from CCOT (and they are the same).

I mean you're going to have to take it off no matter who you have do it. I'm a rummy and have had luck with three so far.
The kits have instructions and E-X-P-L-O-D-E-D drawings.
I'd really encourage you to try it. I mean Jim is the best, and he can do some mods that I've never tried, but I think he starts about $275, that's plus your shipping both ways and you'll have to take it apart deep enough to get ALL the gas out before you can mail it.
What year is your rig? I frankly have never done a very late model, so I'm probably out of my league. PinHead is actually the one who got me to think I could do it.
Good Luck, I'll help , as will many others who have done it.
Ed :)

I thought about doing it myself, I have tools etc... but not knowledge, experience, and time.
I just got a carb from Jim, only good things. I let him know ahead of time, he rebuilt one of his cores, and I overnighted him my old carb one night, included slip for overnight return shipment. One day of downtime.
The carb looked brand new, was tuned to perfection, it was an out of the box bolt on. I checked vacuum, timing, idle speed, nothing required any adjustment.
I'd HIGHLY recommend Jim.

I've also heard that rebuilding is pretty easy and they come with instructions! I'm gonna try to rebuild mine. I figure at least try and if you can't get it back together then bring it in to the shop with your white flag up. :slap:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom