Where are you finding your solid axles???? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I’m going to sas my 88 4runner but am having trouble finding a solid axle to do it. I live basically between the DFW area and OKC. Anyone have any or places to find one?

Craigslist and FB are probably your best bet.
A completely new axle can be built "off the shelf" , now days.

If you have a reputable dismantler is another option.
I had a hard time finding a straight housing when I was looking. :(

Also watch the classifieds here for built axles etc

Last edited:
I’m going to sas my 88 4runner but am having trouble finding a solid axle to do it. I live basically between the DFW area and OKC. Anyone have any or places to find one?

Are you trying to stay minitruck? You can use 79-85, but just be careful not to purchase a bent one. Re-truing one, i've heard, is expensive.

FJ60/62 axles are nice options. FJ80/FZJ80 are nice and wide, too. You can also go with a Dana 44.

Trailgear and Ruffstuff make housings, too.

What are you looking for bud? A 8in mini truck front axle? I have a few spare axles in good shape.

What are you looking for bud? A 8in mini truck front axle? I have a few spare axles in good shape.

Yes that’s exactly what I’m looking for. Pm me if you want to sell one

Here's some pictures of the 83 axle. It's currently just sitting under my pickup and is just dusty.

20201003_213215.jpg
20201003_213242.jpg
20201003_213253.jpg
20201003_213326.jpg
20201003_213313.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom