When's the NEW L/C due out (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

C

crazy canuck

which I believe is the 100?. I'm in Canada and we haven't had a TLC in canada (from Toyota since the 1980's)..while we do have some imported 80's and the Lexus lx/gx, I prefer the original, more rugged looking Landcruiser (cheaper insurance and maintenance for essentially a more rugged version of the same truck )--when I say rugged I'm refering to the stiffer springs, etc.

Do you folks in the US get the Landcruiser version of the GX470?- and does this have solid axel/locker options also ?

I'm interested in seeing any spy pics & dates or the new model, and when we can expect to see it ?

The UZJ100 is the current one in the USA. Solid rear and IFS. Rear locker optional 98-99. For pics check out readers rides. We have a lexus based on the current 100 series (LX...) and the current 4runner (GX...). As for the model after the 100 I don't know.

-Matt

I would suspect the current 100/105(solid axle in other markets) will have a 8 or so year life span(they might push it to 10), then we will see a new Cruiser, so in prolly 2006. I have heard no rummors of a new body/chasis yet, when we do it's prolly only a year away. I would guess it will be a 130 series, the Prado/Lexus GX470 is the 120 series.

We cannot possibly know just how much "spin" Toyota puts on news of future models, but auto industry insiders came to a general consensus earlier this year - and was kicked around a bit on this forum over the summer - of just what was coming next.

This is what appeared in all of the publications...

1. The 100 series Land Cruiser will come to end (in the U.S., anyway) with either the 2004, or 2005 year model (more likely the latter);

2. The Lexus LX-470 will come to an end with the 2005 model;

3. The 2006 Lexus VX-470 will be a rebadged Sequoia;

4. There is no heir-apparent for the Land Cruiser (as we know it);

5. What was formerly known as the FJ Concept vehicle will go into production, though likely with modifications from the original.

All of this pertains to the U.S. market, was widely published last summer, and will likely turn out in some slightly different form. As others have suggested, the Land Cruiser will almost certainly continue to appear in Asia, Oz, and other markets.

So, now we wait and see...

R -

IMO the next Cruiser in the USA will be IFS and IRS. A re-badged Sequoia as the big dog Lexus? It would take serious lipstick to make that pig shine.

IFS and IRS.... :'( say it ain't so!

-Matt

I can't imagine Toyota killing the Landcruiser altogether-maybe remodelling the version of the 100--There is a lot of brand loyalty there..(as we know)

Also, there's WAY too much history and a loyal customer base that has cash to put in toyota's jeans.

I CAN however see them killing the lexus version as the trend in the luxury 4 bys is more towards "car like" SUV's...obviously not as capable off road, but that have good on road manners.... I like to call them Wagons on Tall Tires.

ANy idea on what that Fj concept is going to be going for ?--and any pics?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom