Wheeling in Columbia? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

CruiseOrlando

Conveniently Enhanced
Threads
And no, I'm not talking about Columbia, MD.

If you haven't been keeping up in the 80's section (who has time for THAT?), you might not know that Frank (@FloridaFJ80 ) has been down in Columbia on a bit of an expedition, looking for parts and things to bring back.

His thread is full of wonderful pictures and stories. One of the more amazing things to come out of it seems to be a trip in the works for next year! So if you've ever wanted to do "something else", this might just be it. It won't be without its challenges, but I have a feeling if Frank organizes this trip it's going to be epic.

I have self-declared the event to be "The Great Colombian Trail Ride and Parts Expedition", or GCTRPE. Okay, so maybe we're still working on the acronym. But the idea is that it would be an epic series of trail rides, and, you can source some hard-to-find - maybe even impossible-to-get parts stateside down there - maybe even get them installed while you're there. Prices seem to be so favorable, some folks are thinking the cost of the trip will wash out after paying for a set of sliders & a front bumper...

Anyway. Read and enjoy. I look forward to the trip, even if I can't make it.

https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/my-toyota-parts-search-expedition.859692/

Thanks Carter for the short plug!! It has been a memorable trip and I am sure that it will be for those that make the trip. When I get back stateside (I fly back today) I will start working on getting a website going and information up soon with all the logistics!! We will find a nice acronym for it to make it memorable.. Cheers and read up!!

Frank

Frank, Enjoyed reading your trip report. With the seat covers you did a great thing for some 80 owners!!
You would be a hero by organizing a Columbia trip. It would be an undertaking and lots of work pulling it off.

If you end up working and moving to the Tampa area and need any info or ground work done, let me know.
I do know a CA & SA vehicle shipping broker in Tampa I have used in the past with success.

Frank, Enjoyed reading your trip report. With the seat covers you did a great thing for some 80 owners!!
You would be a hero by organizing a Columbia trip. It would be an undertaking and lots of work pulling it off.

If you end up working and moving to the Tampa area and need any info or ground work done, let me know.
I do know a CA & SA vehicle shipping broker in Tampa I have used in the past with success.

Thanks amigo!!.. We can talk at the GTG this week.. Cheers..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom