wheel spacer pro/con or other options (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So, the weights on my front wheels are destroying the rubber boots on my TREs. From doing a search here it sounds like wheel spacers might be my best option, but I just wanted to see what the pros and cons of wheels spacers are and if there are any other options that I should be thinking of. thanks

it seems like the only thing rubbing is the weights but the wheel is really close, I took it in to Big O to see if they could just put the weight somewhere else but it was a no-go. They recommended spacers or new wheels.

Big O Nailed it for you. A 1/4 inch slip on spacer will solve the problem. I do not like them because of the reduced thread engagement on the wheel studs, but I have never actually had a problem from that.

Best answer of course is to use the correctly back spaced wheels.

Mark...

If you've come across my various anti spacer posts, the type that Mark is talking about are not those that I advise against. Though I do not like the slip-on's for the reason that Mark mentions. I looked into having longer wheel studs made by ARP, but could not get enough interest to make it worth doing.

I have run them for years ... But as stated the lug nut don't have enough thread so I run extended thread nuts also called ET nuts they have a lugcentric shank the give you a quarter in of extra ingagment

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom