Wheel Backspacing (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have forgotten, what is the best and what is acceptable backspacing for a 15x8 size wheel for a 69’ fj40 cruiser? Looking for wheels and thinking of JT Outfitters which I think has 3.75. Thanks.

A lot of it will depend on the wheels you are using. (Alloys vs steel) 3.5 is supposedly the cruiser standard. Apparently 3.25 works even better. That said, I am using 3.75" steel wheels and fit on my 69. Anything more than 3.75 will require a spacer.

Al

Also...Check out summit racing, they have decent pricing on wheels and free shipping. White spokes are right around $27 ea.

Al

four wheel parts sells 2.5" BACK SPACING 15 X 8 $39.00/BLACK WHEEL Steel. No spacer needed. works great and runs great!

I tried a 3.75 and it hit my tie-rod end. Also, if you achieve extreme articulation you'll need less backspacing to keep the tires from rubbing the inside wall of the rear wheel well. My 3.5s touch in the twisty stuff. 2.0s don't.

3.5 is recommended...I run 2 on my beadlocks and like it a lot. you can get 3.75 rims too and run a 1/4" alum spacer in front with no problems. You "may" have to grind a tad on the brake caliper tho, depending on rim design. I'm about 50% on that one....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom