What's going on with my SPC UCA Bushings? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I experienced the same condition. vehicle started to wander. began looking at components, searching for worn bushings.

i ran the Tundra upper arms on my tundra for 30k before removing them and putting them on my 200.
added a little over 70K on them since.

My SPC uppers were at 105K and 110K when i replaced the bushings. they were pretty shot.
the replacement was a pain in the @$$ without a good shop press. (hence the 5K difference in replacement times)
i have also replaced both ball joints.

overall i would say that i have been extremely pleased with SPC products and customer service!

I experienced the same condition. vehicle started to wander. began looking at components, searching for worn bushings.

i ran the Tundra upper arms on my tundra for 30k before removing them and putting them on my 200.

My SPC uppers were at 105K and 110K when i replaced the bushings. they were pretty shot.
the replacement was a pain in the @$$ without a good shop press. (hence the 5K difference in replacement times)

overall i would say that i have been extremely pleased with SPC products and customer service!

I have the same noises described here and I’ve also started to notice the wandering. I had no idea the two were related thanks

Here’s what they looked like removed. Shoulder was completely chewed where pinched between the washer and the cup. Have extra grease now so I’ll add that as a 6mo PM.

9D97463C-0F5A-4C4E-AA13-07CAB9C68268.jpeg

E7FAAC03-B5D1-4617-BEFA-C16EEF45CF80.jpeg

01C2F27F-1AEE-425C-AE83-BAF7AE9BA3AE.jpeg

My replacement was a cinch! Just used a threaded rod to pull them through after cutting the ends off. Just pop the metal sleeve out first. Way more time consuming is getting the factory bolt slid forward to pull them out.

I did accidentally scar about 1/32” in and 1/8” long on the inner cup with a sawzall as they show. I feathered it out with a file so as to not create a stress point. Only did that on one; it’s not necessary step. Just cut the flanged end and it will come right out with the rod with very low effort. My recommendation would be to not cut
the ID as shown in the SPC instruction link.

This is the ‘tool’... 18”x 1/2” threaded rod.

image.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom