SPC UCA advice needed (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Good morning peeps, I had a local dealership install my Bilstein lift and SPC UCAs(1 year ago), the control arms(I'm assuming) are making a loud rubber creaking sound when going over speed bumps and is driving me crazy and can't figure it out. Can someone tell me if I'm supposed to have a washer in these spots? I'm pretty sure they did not install the washers in these circled areas and the bushings are just rubbing on the shock tower. Any ideas???

Edit: all the white you see is white lithium grease I've been trying to spray in there to quiet it down cause I read it can help noisy SPC UCAs, but it hasnt. Tried wiping it away as best I could

20231030_081838.png

20231030_081827.jpg

20231030_081604.jpg

20231030_081545.jpg

Thats a feature and not a bug when it comes to SPCs it seems.

Posted this in some lc200 fb groups also and it seems that yes there are supposed to be washers there that they didn't install

Had the same thing. Apparently the UCA’s need to be removed, the steel sleeve removed from the bushings, and the grease they supplied (Palladium heavy duty 3% moly grease) needs to be liberally applied in between the sleeve and the bushings, then reassembled. Be sure not to apply grease on bushing/UCA hole side as this will cause the bushings to rotate where they’re not supposed to. SPC told me that this servicing is regular and that is based upon useage. I’m a heavy off-road user and tow an off-road caravan. For me that means I need to service these about once per year. If I was in the USA, I’d swop these out and buy some of the ones with fixed (albeit changed) castor, rubber (OEM style) bushings and the same with the ball joint. I believe there are a number of suppliers like Trail Tailor and the like that make some good looking ones that don’t give the hassles or squeaks.

Reactions: BVE

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom