What to join! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Romer

fatherofdaughterofromer
Threads
There are lots of groups to join. Is the $20 on Pirate worth it. How about joining TLCA. What are thebenifits to joing TCLA. I got their membership packet and looked it over. Not sure the discounts are that great. Looks like the best thing is the magazine the mail out.

Interested in opinions.

Thanks - ken

The Trails alone is worth the membership price to me. I no longer belong to the state chapter for several reasons and really don't plan on attending any tlca sanctioned events due to travel distances. However, the magazine has been very helpful for working on the truck and is always well done.

IMO, the magazine rocks....it honestly is 90% of the reason I stay. I also attended my first TLCA event last year, cept it sucked. Damn Texans all over the place, having fun, flirting with my wife, being friendly, sharing their beer, and inviting us to their new event for 2004....

buggers I gotta miss it tho...see you at Cruise Moab 04 instead!! lol

The $20 to PBB gains you no additional knowledge...you get to post pics, add a custom title, have a avatar, and are supporting a great extreme offroad site. I'm a paying supporter myself...and plan to renew again when it comes time.

HOWEVER - and I can say this here - that same $20 in the ih8mud.com merchandise corner gets you a kewl t-shirt or a hat and a sticker for your rig, PLUS the extra from sales goes to keep things free here. There have also been quite a few direct supporting/donating forum members over the year...the names are linked at the bottom of the forum pages...got one more donation today, need to get that added soon...

yeah, I'm biased. :D

$50...TLCA and a ih8mud shirt. That's my vote.

LOL

If Woodrow would ever manage to notice when someone is wearing cool IH8mud.com stuff it might go further ;)

$20 to pirate is a good thing. I just sent my latest in.

$50 to TLCA is a good thing. TT is awesome!! Plus I like seeing my rig in print. Makes me feel good ;)

IH8MUD is a great site. if I could only ever remember my password I would be here a lot.

For less than $100 (a nice dinner) you can have all of them and a cool T shirt (course one for the ladies would be nice too hint, hint...)

Kind of a drop in the bucket considering how much these sites will probably save you in the long run..

First, if your "into" Cruisers, join the TLCA.

A heathy and growing association of land cruiser owners will help you in the long run. Even if you don't care about events, discounts or the awesome Toyota Trails magazine your membership helps promote the "cruiser cause." If you're into building, restoring, maintaining your Land Cruiser, this is your cause too. A large Land Cruiser assoication means more after market vendors, new cruiser products, more tech support, more access to used parts, etc.

Second, I think the Pirate Board is worth $20 a year. The tech info and connections you make there will save you money. Very good searchable archives. IIRC, paying gets rid of pop-ups ads and makes the whole experience better.

Last but not least, IH8MUD has the best cost benefit ratio of all. It just keeps getting better and better. Defintely NOT a case of getting what you pay for. Also join the free LCML while you're at it or at least use the searchable archives.

If you still have money left, after buying Woody's shirt or donating to the LCML, buy yourself a Land Cruiser Calendar from Get Lost Productions. We'll all thank you for helping ensure that tradition continues too.

Ken...

these fine folks have sumed it up pretty well.

I'm just surprised you even had to ask after receiving your free copy of Toyota Trails! I would have thought that would have been more than enough reason... Toyota Trails!

Keep us posted on your final decision.

Many thanks!

Tony,
I did like the magazine. I was interested by the other thread and wanted to know if there was more value than just the magazine. It was nice, but I was looking at a sample of 1. Don't know if it was typical, your best or worst issue. You'll forgive me an an engineer.
I had pretty much made up my mind to join, just wanted to rattle the forum to see if there was either something (good or bad) I had not realized about joining. I believe in supporting and I sent a donation to IH8MUD because of the great job they do here.
I wish you guys took Paypal!

Ken

IMO, any issue you receive is a POOR example of the quality of the publication....I say this because...

EACH ONE KEEPS GETTING BETTER!!!

(And THANKS for your ih8mud support!!)

Ok you guys convinced me. I signed up electronically.

Tony - It says 4-6 weeks to complete. Does that mean I missed the Jan-Feb issue of TT? Why does it take so long.

Thanks,
Ken

thanks Ken for joining, you won't be sorry.

The current issue of Trails is now always sent in the new member packet, thanks to Mr. Woody for that great idea.

very appreciative Ken!

(that was an official Thank You from the President) 8)

You won't regret it! Stickers are cool too:)

Thanks Guys. I am sure I'll enjoy it! Being on this forum has already shown me what a great bunch of guys you all are, even Junk!

Oh the ladies are pretty exceptional too! Hey Dianna, join the TLCA, I dare ya!

That's her user name on this board. Check the forums. She started a new thread because someone dare'd her. It's pretty lively between her and USgirlsneedTLC2. They post jokes that would make a sailor blush

hey, I wanna party with those gals! 8)

:beer: :whoops: :slap: :doh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom