WHAT THREAD PITCH IS THIS BOLT? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I’m trying to find some longer versions of this screw but can seem to be able to find the right thread pitch. This is the screw that secures the middle dome light to the ceiling of my 100. Does anyone happen to know or be able to look up the thread pattern for this?
P/N 90167-45015

8970EAE0-6551-4781-BB56-EA3FDF671467.jpeg

It's likely to be metric so measure between one thread and the next. Use a metric ruler of course. The distance will be the thread pitch. If it's 1.5mm then it's a 1,5mm pitch.

If it's not metric then it's TPI or threads per inch. Measure how many threads are in an inch. To get pitch just divide TPI into 1, Ie. 1/TPI

If it's smaller than M6, it's often M5x.8mm

If it's M4, then it should be M4x.7mm, but I'm not sure I've seen M4 on a 100.

Toyota is pretty good about sticking to JIS standards.

I thought most Toyota bolt pitches were 1.25, but I have been out of the game for 15 years and I believe it was for 8mm and greater. Ignore me. Yeah, I don't know on the bolt.

I do find myself frequently using my SAE and metric pitch gauges to identify unknown nuts and bolts. Inexpensive and very much worth having for DIYers. Just a couple of days ago I was testing a US-brand inverter and I had to find nuts to secure the wires. Turned out they are M6x1. Did not expect that. Good I had the gauges. But yes you can also do it with calipers although more easily on bolts than nuts for that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom