What size BFG KO2 AT for 2003 Land Cruiser w/ 2.5 OME lift? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello fellow LC owners. I am looking for the maximum tire size that will work on my 2003 LC with new OME 2.5" lift (med springs). Current tire is 275/60R18 Continentals (approx. 30"). Thanks

LC-Ibis.jpg

If you do a search in the 100 series section you'll find this is a very well covered topic. The short answer however is select a 33" tire of your choosing. Once you get bigger than 33" you may (may being key word) have to start doing other mods to get them to fit without rubbing.

Last edited:
Posting an update photo. Thank you guys for LMK what tire size is best. I did the 2.5" OME lift, new OME suspension with SLEE Dif-Drop kit, wheels fully restored and the new BFGs. Most difficult part was replacing the torsion bars. Mine were original and seized in position. It took 2 mechanics 8 hours to persuade them out and install the new OME bars.

If any one needs wheel restoration/repair and lives in northern NJ you must go to Silverstar Alloy Wheel Repair - 191 W Central Ave, Maywood, NJ 07607. Amzing work, service and price.

LC-at-Beach.jpg

You could go 295s with that set up. I have seen that size ran with stock set up and it looks good!

You could go 295s with that set up. I have seen that size ran with stock set up and it looks good!
Possible yes, but I went 275 to ensure sufficient turning tire clearance even under heavy load. Also during this pandemic certain tire sizes are very difficult to get due to shortages and slower production/shipping times. The 275s were immediately available and others were 4-6 weeks out. Stay safe out there.

Great looking set up. I'm right down the street in Oradell! How is the road noise on the KO2? I do a lot of highway driving and I'm worried about the hum in the cabin.

Great looking set up. I'm right down the street in Oradell! How is the road noise on the KO2? I do a lot of highway driving and I'm worried about the hum in the cabin.
These are very smooth. No noise that I can detect.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom