What should I ask for my built LC? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I need to pull the trigger, importing my LC to Canada is a no go. Since I've already shared my tale of woe in another thread, I won't repeat it here. I know I will probably never be able to have another V8 Land Cruiser, but this move is too good of an opportunity to stay stuck on this.

She is a 2008, white with tan interior, 176K, no accidents. Please help me get an idea what she is worth. I know not everyone wants the exact same mods I've done, but I have time to wait for someone who is looking for a rig like her and can see that she was loved. I am thinking I will use Autotrader, and our own classified section of course, since that seems to have a good exposure.

Thanks guys!

Modifications

* TJM T13 bumper, color matched with powder coat
* FrontRunner roof rack with Autohome AirTop Black Storm RTT on
quick-release mounts and a FrontRunner awning
* Slee Sliders
* Rock Warrior wheels with Falken WIldpeak AT3W 285/70, including spare
* OME Nitrocharger front struts with 2703 springs
* Tough Dog 45mm adjustable rear shocks and 2723 springs
* Slee dual battery conversion using AGMs and IBS-DBS system
* ARB twin compressor on Slee mount
* ARB drawers with pull-outs on both sides
* Escape Gear seat covers
* WeatherTech floor mats
* Koan back shelf
* National Luna 50L dual zone fridge/freezer (new, never used)
* Driver’s side quick release fire extinguisher
* Fully tinted (darkest legal for front row, “limo” for the rest)
* Leather steering wheel cover
* Front and rear dash cam
* Five factory wheels with Toyo Backcountry ATs

Maintenance (will go through receipts to get actual mileages)

* Water pump leak found and replaced at ~125k (dealer)
* Radiator preemptively replaced at ~150k (me)
* Starter preemptively replaced at ~165k (dealer)
* Coolant valley leak seal found and fixed at ~125k (dealer)
* Transmission fluid full exchange at ~155k (dealer)
* Front, center and rear diff fluid changed at ~155k (me)

Wear and tear

It has a repaired crack on the top fan shroud. The second row driver’s side seat has had the most wear (side the dogs get in) but is not torn and the rest of the seats under the covers look good. There are also a few scratches from the dogs on some of the door plastic and some scratches on the tint for the 2nd row passenger window.

There are no scratches, dents or other body damage, but it does have some mild pin striping (haven’t tried buffing it out yet). California/Washington whole life with only some superficial rust on the hitch receiver (but I’ll probably clean and repaint before showing it).

Last edited:
You may want to consider carsandbids.com or BringaTrailer.com as they draw more of an enthusiast crowd and seems like higher sales prices. Particularly on modded vehicles. There are a few others popping up as well, but I think you will do much better than on places like auto trader where non-enthusiast will be expecting to pay bluebook.

The guys at TFL also launched a site called tflbids.com and your truck is the kind of thing they will probably promote on their YouTube channel. It has enormous reach in the enthusiast community.

Last edited:
I’m going to be selling my LC pretty soon so, if you want, you can buy it and start all over. It’s in BC now.

💯 no reserve auction is the way to go. Values have never been higher and with the market as insane as it is, it makes putting a number on it extremely difficult. Let some folks from all over the nation (or world) duke it out for what they are willing to pay for it. I highly doubt you walk away disappointed. And if you do, just :cry: into $100 bills.

Wheres your thread on exporting your LC to Canada? Whats the issue?

I don't see what issues and woes there would be. Biggest issue you'd have is RIV inspection not allowing a "lift". But your 200 technically isn't even lifted, it just has aftermarket springs. The people at Canada Tire wouldn't even know what they're looking at and thinking its just another Sequoia.

Lol your 200 isn't lifted. It just has higher load carrying springs. Wanna play it safe with RIV inspection? Put another 800 lbs of stuff in the rear drawers before insepction, lock them. And your vehicle is approved for Canada.

Trust me, your truck is gonna be able to be imported with flying colours. Only trucks they'd not allow is something like a long travel 2016 Silverado with a 496 engine swap with 3.5" Kings, a cab and bed cage, and long travel control arms.

Last edited:
Wheres your thread on exporting your LC to Canada? Whats the issue?

I don't see what issues and woes there would be. Biggest issue you'd have is RIV inspection not allowing a "lift". But your 200 technically isn't even lifted, it just has aftermarket springs. The people at Canada Tire wouldn't even know what they're looking at and thinking its just another Sequoia.

Lol your 200 isn't lifted. It just has higher load carrying springs. Wanna play it safe with RIV inspection? Put another 800 lbs of stuff in the rear drawers before insepction, lock them. And your vehicle is approved for Canada.

Trust me, your truck is gonna be able to be imported with flying colours. Only trucks they'd not allow is something like a long travel 2016 Silverado with a 496 engine swap with 3.5" Kings, a cab and bed cage, and long travel control arms.
I keep hearing it both ways and can't get an official answer until I show up. The catch-22 is that by the time I can actually show up for the inspection, it will be too late to sell it in the states if it fails (quarantine and COVID have REALLY made this move difficult).

I understand your reluctance. Personally I am 98% sure that there would be no issue but that means there is a 2% chance that I’m wrong which is unacceptable risk. At least you won’t have to pay the luxury tax or the import duty if you don’t bring it in. When I brought mine in I was caught of guard with the import duty on Japanese vehicles.

FWIW I got offered 10% more than I have into my 200 with 5k miles by a total stranger yesterday.

It's a good time to sell.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom