What rear bumper is this? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
At 3:53. I like it because it is small and I want to minimise the weight back there.

Not sure it’s the same one but it’s very similar to this

Has anyone ever managed to mount a rear tire carrier to the stock bumper somehow? My main goal is to get the spare wheel out from underneath and put an auxiliary tank down there, while at the same time minimising weight.

This looks like a good option, maybe I could fab something like this up. Mount it between the hitch receiver and the bumper. Raise the hitch receiver up so it comes through the bumper maybe to improve departure angle. I doubt I'd ever be towing anything with the 3B lol but if I did need to, I could remove it and throw the spare inside.

This looks like a good option, maybe I could fab something like this up. Mount it between the hitch receiver and the bumper. Raise the hitch receiver up so it comes through the bumper maybe to improve departure angle. I doubt I'd ever be towing anything with the 3B lol but if I did need to, I could remove it and throw the spare inside.

Google the 'Wilco Hitchgate' for a whole line of different products along those lines. Assuming you have/get a good rear hitch receiver to tie it all into, it seems like a good bolt-in, no-weld/no-paint/no-drill/no-cut solution for half the price of anything else on the market, really, other than maybe the Dobinsons rear bumper with swing-out, and that one's still ~$1800 shipped, last I checked.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom