What kind of TravelTrailers is/are everyone towing... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey all...posted in the 100 area as well.

Been looking for a lite-weight TT for summer camping/boondocking. We have done the off road pop-up route and we like them but the wife wants something more hard-sided...esp with all those man-eating bears out there....LOL

Came across a local basket case '04 trail-lite (r-vision) bantam flier 17' (rocky mtn ed). It is a hybrid I know but the wife is OK with that as long as I sleep in the bunk..hehe. The rocky mtn ed has oversized tires, higher ground clearence, some insulation and extra water capacity. It is also low enuf that I could fit it in our larger garage bay, just barely...may have to air down a little. It has been "well-used" by a local family. It is dry and appears to be leak free but it does need some TLC. Not sure what works, and i thought i would just low-ball an AS-IS offer. If i got it cheap enuf i would clean it up/fix it up and maybe try to change the layout alittle so as to not always need the pop out bunk....just an idea.
2450lbs total/300lbs hitch and can carry another 1500lbs...single axle with 15's.

Other choice which i havent seen yet is a '04 funfinder 16'... looks pretty clean...i like the layout...dinette queen bed and 2 bunks....only thing is they asking 6500$...price seems pretty high...and dont think i can fit in garage...too tall. 2500lbs total/170lbs hitch...can carry another 1100lbs. single axle with 14's mounted but not sure on tire size also not sure of the clearance. Standard TT.

Any comments on these units?
Any other units to look out for? keep search under 19'? under 3500lbs?
Any recomendations?

I am not looking to tow to the max...I would like something basic, light(er), inexpensive, higher clearence etc...basically something to sleep in with a toilet.

We towed an offroad starcraft 14rt pop up with the front deck all over creation 2 summers ago...was pretty loaded with gear, bikes, water, etc. with 2kids /2adults/food/gear etc in 100.... the 100 had airbags, billys, e-brake etc....it towed the trailer nice but it still was a heavy load maybe 4500-5000lbs?...i would like to be a little lighter and smaller if possible.

Thanks for the advice
Bill

I tow a 13' Bell coach with an 80. Tows nice and sleeps my family of 4 great.
I think trailer choice depends alot on the type of camping you do. We camp primarily primitive sites, and the trailer is basically a sleeping area. We don't really cook in it, other than boiling water for coffee or noodles. Only sit in it when raining, etc.
I like the vintage style and the cheap price tag of a TT made in the mid 60's, but we don't spend much time in it. Love the hard side "feeling" of security and the heater, it is great way to camp with kids.
If you want to cook meals, or hang out in it, you will want more space.

I am planning on playing with this one!

wont be playing long...LOL.

Last week I purchased an Anthony M416

249531_2027445774640_1498929668_2169571_2103170_n.jpg

Ok, I will paint it in black :D

why are they called 'Anthony' 416? Is that a Leonburger on yr back window?

1969 Boler

I'm hauling a 13" 1969 Canadian-made fiberglass Boler. It's small and lightweight and weighs around 1000 pounds. Supposed to sleep 4 if one person under the 100 pound mark ;)

Not really suited for a family of 4 but met your lightweight/hardsides requirements. They also came in a 17ft model which comes in around the 2000 pound mark.

100_0321.jpg

100_0289.jpg
100_0289.jpg
100_0321.jpg

why are they called 'Anthony' 416? Is that a Leonburger on yr back window?

Anthony M416 , I guess the same thing as a Johnson M416, the constructor's name I presume.

No, the dog is a belgian malinois shepherd, a kind of crazy dogs often used by police officers. They are a bit faster than the german ones
06022011047.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom