What is your dream FJ60, what is the goal? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Mine is almost there. I'd swap in cable lockers and a full float rear and replace the headliner (on track in the next month or so hopefully). Passenger front would get the SOR foam as well (drivers was done a month or so ago and made a big difference. Maybe go darker with some new tint and run 33x9.5's.
bridge.JPG
elsalvador.JPG

getting there

close now and headed there with rig i have. but for my real 'dream' i would like to hop it up a bit and add those non stock items that will kill its value... for my perfect modified fj60 (OPERATIVE DEF - FJ60)... #1 would be a great set of street tires for the street and a great pair of tires for the trail and someone else to tote them around and change them for me as needed... add to this a system set up for variable lift and shock stiffness that is completely adjustable (maybe based on CUSTOM raphael or monroe air shocks for front and rear) with onboard air compressor to adjust to road / trail conditions as and when needed. would also go with stainless free flow exhaust system and stainless headers and good skid plate protection of all vital parts; weber carb set up, chevy converted distributor and a turbo charger and of course that absolutely necessary extended range gas tank; of course gas at $ .259 / gallon or a rather long umbilical to the station that no one knows about. a 5 speed manual transmission and a 2 speed rear end with air lockers front and back. very important to me is all manual window regulators (have had my fill of toyota electric window motors). for getting vehicle unstuck in the rare case that it could not go, i would love to have a 12k winch on a receiver plate that someone would install on the front or back into the receiver tube that i had in the custom bumpers i had on both ends. (how's that for a run on sentence? LOL) almost every time i got stuck the winch was at the wrong end of the vehicle... if you drove into it there is a better chance that you can pull yourself back outta it then go thru it and most likely have to go thru it again on the way out... anodized aluminum roof rack that did not whistle. it would also be nice to win the lottery so that i could ship the vehicle ahead of me to anywhere in south america, australia, asia, etc. where i would like to go.... after all this is my dream, right? basically an expedition rig.

oh, we did ask for dream vehicle... on second thought: really then - bone stock, perfect condition 60 last vehicle of 60 model line to come out of the factory that was not put together on a monday or friday and that was made for canada or australia w/ 5 speed tranny and diesel engine.

so i guess my dream fj60 would be two of them... one an FJ the other a BJ - one for show and one for travel.

If money was no object, i.e, instead of spending money on a new car or going through the beast.

THE GOAL...
A one of a kind, covert commando. Outwardly looking like a stock 85 FJ60. No bells, no whistles.

From the outside: only a set of matched plugged holes on the roof to mount the safari rack, a brush bumper in front with a winch and relieable, in case the world turns to a large can of worms.

Under the hood: leave the 6 cyl. add a turbo, and a 5 speed tranny (for highway escapes)
interier: Run a second battery, and a power converter to handle a VCR/DVD for the kids, laptop for the wife etc.

Suspension: improve the ride (makes wife happy) add a 4 inch lift,

Paint: remove the old paint and reshoot it in a silver grey.

Well I dont know enough about the beast to do all this myself so now I need to find someone locally to assist with the parts and maintenance. I got leaks all over the freaken place.

Dave Tyner said:
Under the hood: leave the 6 cyl. add a turbo, and a 5 speed tranny (for highway escapes)
interier: Run a second battery, and a power converter to handle a VCR/DVD for the kids, laptop for the wife etc.

Good call!

:cheers:

You mean something like this 1HD-T, 3 inch exhaust with no muffler, H55.

Frequen rocket ship, pulls better than any 2F or 3F I have ever drive.

The electrical was fun, all soldiered ends, nothing to come apart or fail.
DSC00004.JPG
DSC00005.JPG
DSC00008.JPG

Fuszzy pic of a marine electrical block with fuses, I really like the quality of it and used a toyota landcruiser diesel solenoid to shut the entire box off when the truck is turned off
DSC00010.JPG
DSC00011.JPG
DSC00013.JPG

Exhaust stuff........
DSC00014.JPG
DSC00015.JPG

1HD-T, H55

It's funny, if I had seen those letters and numbers before joining this board they would have meant nothing to me. Now they're beautiful.

Is the truck for sale?

Radd Cruisers said:
You mean something like this 1HD-T, 3 inch exhaust with no muffler, H55.

Frequen rocket ship, pulls better than any 2F or 3F I have ever drive.

The electrical was fun, all soldiered ends, nothing to come apart or fail.

You are my hero Dude .. HDJ-60 :flipoff2: and alum rad .! awesome

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom