What is this 2F engine worth (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am considering buying a body to do a diesel swap. I have not had luck getting one with a blown motor/bad transmission so I may go the route of buying a truck with a good engine. The truck under consideration has a 2F engine that has had the block boared out, new cam, new crank, oversized pistons and rings and all valves serviced. The flywheel was resurfaced and the oil pump is new. All belts replaced. This work was done 20,000 miles ago and it starts up and runs nice. The work was done by American Land Cruisers in Indiana
Unfortunately I have a turbocharged 3B that needs a body. What would this 2F be worth? I might as well throw out the other question I have. What other parts should I keep from the spare truck?

Tom

A running motor has some value, but not as much as most people think. Look at what a used running 2F goes for at Cruiserparts.net. You'll probably be 1/2 - 2/3 that value. Since it's a rebuild that lowers the value some. I would estimate $500 if it's perfect and less if there are any isssues at all.

tpike said:
Unfortunately I have a turbocharged 3B that needs a body. What would this 2F be worth? I might as well throw out the other question I have. What other parts should I keep from the spare truck?

Tom

I cant think of anything attached to the engine that will be any good to you.
Leave the fuel lines and electrical wiring intact as much as possible and only discard when your sure its not needed
Going diesel will free up a lot of room.

Selling a turn key 2F from fan to flywheel will be an easier proposition to sell.
Pulling the manifolds,carb starter and alternator off and selling them separately will probably yield more cash if you have the patience.

Thanks for the input. I would sell the whole engine, starter, flywheel, alternator carb - everything that wouldn't fit on a 3B.

The question about what to keep relates to the rest of the truck (everything besides the engine). For example should I keep the spare transfer case. The H55 transmission etc. I'll keep the tires and the fenders. I'm a bit of a pack rat maybe I should ask what I should throw away.

Thanks guys

Do you have any info on this , American Land Cruisers in Indiana at all?
I've never heard of them.

The papers I've seen list Precision Automotive of Iowa as the rebuilders of the engine. The truck was rebuilt by Mid American LandCruisers. I don't have the details but I will try and get them.

If you are going to sell that combination, you should give me a PM. I am in the market for a new engine and transmission. Thanks!!

:beer:

GLTHFJ60

I missed your post so I'm glad I looked back to post this info on MidAmerica. Will PM you. I like this guy at MidAmerica he gives his own home phone number on his business card (although I didn't include it here).

Tom

Here is the info

Matthew L Tarnow
563-332-5352 office
MidAmerica Landcruiser
2535 Tech Dr, Suite 306
Bettendorf, Iowa
midammatt@revealed.net

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom