What is the life of a Land Cruiser? (1 Viewer)

How long do Land Cruiser's last in terms of mileage if properly maintained?

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

No, they just marinate.

The most common engine in Zambia is the 1HZ and we use them for bush work and get a hard 450,000 km out of them before overhaul. The manual gearboxes never seem to fail but we swap out the oils annually and overhaul the front hubs. If you are mechanically minded then the car should last a lifetime.

Purchased my 2004 with 185k on it, now at 340k. Replaced bushings, shocks, and working through rubber hoses. All maintenance performed on time. I fully expect 500k unless it gets taken out.

I am the OP: My 100 became too much of a headache to maintain, the 200 is the opposite closing in at 300k miles with little maintenance. I did prefer driving dynamics and looks of the 100 over 200. I tried being a 100 purist as long as possible. 200 is just more refined and became my goto DD. I kept my 100 for 7 years out of nostalgia before selling it. It would annoy me with all the little minor issues.

2001 with 289k miles. Just replaced the tires. Came back from a 2000 mile trip. No issues, its my DD and we take it on long road trips all the time. I just keep maintaining it and it just keeps going. Very happy with my LC. I probably have more into it then what i paid for it. Super happy with my money pit :)

I voted 500K+ if properly maintained and if you live in a rust free area.

Yes you're going to start to have to replace stuff like plastics or hoses or rusting hydraulic lines or electronics/sensors, nothing lasts forever.

Also if you live in a salty and icey place. Rust will be your big enemy and it's just hard to stop it at 500K+. Also by 500K+, accidents and other bad drivers can be also another factor which you cannot control, the longer you drive it the higher the chance it'll get totaled.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom